Chapter 34

With the death of the shell demon, the spell trapping them at the bottom of the lake vanished. Now, the bottom of the lake was no longer safe, and there was no longer any pressure holding them down from the top. Lin Suci and the rest easily ascended upwards, and popped out from beneath the surface.

Sprawled on Yan Boshen’s shoulder, Lin Suci spat out a mouthful of boggy water, wiping away the water from his face. Around them was an orange coloured lake, different from the one he fell into.

Yan Boshen led Lin Suci, while Bai Qingkong and Shu Changyi supported each other. The four of them left the lake. Bai Qingkong and Shu Changyi, exhausted to the point where they did not even want to twitch their fingers, collapsed on the bank into the grass, gasping for air.

Lin Suci wrung his clothes out. Fortunately, his pouch was waterproof, and the talismans inside it were not damaged from the water, and their loss was avoided.

“Xingcheng, thank you very much for your aid today.” When Bai Qingkong caught his breath, the first thing he did was to turn and look at Lin Suci, speaking earnestly.

Lin Suci’s lips trembled.

He had just been crushed under the protagonist halo, and his strong and unshakable heart had inevitably turned into glass, shattering under the impact. It had taken him some time to repair that shattered, glass heart of his.

“You’re too polite. We’re close, after all.” Lin Suci still remembered that he had set himself up as a brother character for Bai Qingkong. Smiling, he showed his concern. “By the way, why are you here?”

Bai Qingkong was covered in injuries. With just one look, it was clear that he had been engaged in many fights.

If it was before, Lin Suci would be able to follow the plot of the novel, guessing that Bai Qingkong had gotten a pair of gills from a clam demon and fell into the cave by accident.

However, now, it was very clear that the plot had been moved forward by three days. The things Bai Qingkong had experienced in the past two days seemed to not match the timeline as well.

In particular…

Lin Suci’s eyes shifted slightly, falling on the person next to Bai Qingkong.

The youth dressed in brown looked to be around eighteen or nineteen years of age, a little bigger than them. His appearance was warm and gentle, except for a scar on his cheek. It affected his looks, giving him a little of an evil air.

Meeting Lin Suci’s eyes, the youth became a little more reserved, then nodded at him.

“It was an accident…” Bai Qingkong scratched his head. Free from the tough battle just now, his embarrassed appearance somewhat coincided with how he looked like at Chongyun Sect a few months ago.

As the little cabbage shared his story, Lin Suci sat down next to Yan Boshen, opening a can of dried fish. He shoved some at the storytelling little cabbage and Shu Changyi, then fed Yan Boshen as he himself chewed on it as well, presenting himself as a very well prepared audience.

That day, when Bai Qingkong entered the secret realm, he had originally been with the other disciples of his sect. However, the disciples were very unhappy with this “outsider” who had snatched this entry spot. Not only did they deliberately abandon him, they even sent him into the hands of disciples of their rival sect.

Bai Qingkong was only at the fifth stage of Qi refining, and his strength was truly weak. Like a prey, he had been chased into a desolate place by those disciples, falling into a hole by accident.

Up until here, it was a plot that Lin Suci was familiar with.

However, what happened next was different.