Chapter 33

The suction of the whirlpool was very strong. Tossed about, Lin Suci was very giddy. His mind was blank, and suffocating, he was drawn to the bottom of the lake by the whirlpool.

Unable to breath, Lin Suci was feeling dizzy. In his lungs was one huge breath, and he was feeling very anxious, not daring to exhale. He was afraid that the moment he exhaled, he would end up dying in this lake.

The kitten was tiny, and pulled deep into the lake. When he was tossed about, he had hit the sandy bottom of the lake with great impact, causing a swirl of sand to puff out. The visibility of the lake was very bad, and the sand even went into his eyes. Feeling the discomfort, Lin Suci’s eyes turned red, his tears mixing with the lake water.
Lin Suci’s tiny paws were paddling in the water as he tried to swim to the surface. However, there seemed to be some sort of pressure in the water, and he was not able to ascend at all.

Puffing out his cheeks, Lin Suci transformed back to his human shape. Lying on the ground, he held his breath, frantically rummaging through his pouch.

There were many talismans inside that Huilian had shoved at him, and he seemed to recall some of them that could be used to repel water.

Holding his breath, Lin Suci’s face was red. His heartbeat sped up, and there seemed to be a buzzing in his ears. His vision was turning dark, and the discomfort was overwhelming him.

His hands moved quickly, and he finally managed to find the water repelling talisman, sticking it onto himself. In the next moment, the oxygen in the lake all gathered around him, delivering right to his mouth and nose.

Lin Suci carefully exhaled his breath that he had been holding for a long time, inhaling gently.

Fortunately, the water repelling talisman prevented the possibility of the water entering his nose and mouth, and he could now finally breath in some fresh air.

It was too suffocating.

Lin Suci’s red face finally managed to turn back to normal. Casually taking out a talisman, he folded it into half and stuffed it into his ear, creating a barrier from the buzzing of the water pressure.

After solving his issue of survival, he steadied himself underwater, and looked around at his surroundings.

This was the bottom of the lake. Under his feet was a layer of fine sand and gravel, and there were also quite a number of aquatic plants. However, after the whirlpool, the place was rather disorderly, and the plants were a little withered.

And behind him, was a cave.There was a light in the cave.
Lin Suci was tempted.

Could there be some big treasure within?

If he managed to catch some impressive big treasure, would he be able to exchange it for money when he left this place?

As a kitten who grew up in Cardinal Sect, his brain was now all filled with thoughts on how to make a living. Rubbing his hands, he hesitated.

It was just him alone, was it too risky? If it was some high level spiritual beast, wouldn’t he be acting as food delivery?

Lin Suci thought for a moment, then opened his mouth and shouted, “Boshen?”

The water repelling talisman just about pushed the water away from him, creating a bubble around him that gave him enough air. However, his voice could not penetrate the bubble, only echoing around him.

Lin Suci finally realised.

Just now, when he was sucked into the lake, Yan Boshen had been cleaning his sword by the lake. He definitely would have noticed what was happening. To not have come to look for him yet, it was very likely that there was something wrong with that whirlpool.