Chapter 23

With a fierce lunge, Lin Suci caught hold of Yan Boshen’s waist firmly.

Thunder and lightning twisted around the greatsword, which was still causing earth-splitting crackles in the air. Lightning circled the sky, as dark clouds covered the sky and shading the sun with doom. As for the source of all these, it was Yan Boshen who was currently being embraced tightly by Lin SuCi.

“Boshen Boshen! You’re here!”

When Lin SuCi saw him, he was so moved that he did not know what he should say. Grabbing onto Yan Boshen’s waist, his first instinct was to be so excited that he could not stop shouting his name.

Yan Boshen was just like a frozen ice sculpture. The warmth of the sudden hug gradually invaded his body, and his dark, bottomless eyes finally focused.

He lowered his head slightly. The little kitten in his arms whom he had not seen for a while was smiling heartlessly just like how he did before he had been kidnapped. His green eyes were sparkling with excitement, and within his bright eyes he could see his own reflection.

He was all right.

Yan Boshen’s dark eyes fell onto Li SuCi’s body, carefully observing his kitten that he had lost.

“Boshen Boshen, I’m really touched! How did you find me?!” Lin SuCi’s eyes had curved into lines with his smile.

Having escaped the wards and being able to see Yan Boshen, this was the first time Lin SuCi had experienced what the light at the end of the tunnel was.

This feeling was really too damn awesome!

He hugged Yan Boshen’s waist tightly, wanting to whine and wheedle. When he suddenly recalled what situation they were in, his overwhelming joy finally somewhat diminished. Shaking Yan Boshen’s waist, he panicked. “Boshen Boshen, quick, let’s go! It’s too dangerous here!”

The demon king had awakened. It would be fine if he did not notice them, but if he did, with just him and Yan Boshen, their bones would definitely be buried in Yunyou Cave.

The lightning and thunder had already quietly disappeared without a trace. The greatsword in Yan Boshen too shrunk, returning to its original size. The freezing aura he was emitting too receded a little.

Yan Boshen held onto Lin SuCi’s hand tightly, staring at the high level ward near them. Only a while ago, he had gathered an immense force at his fingertips, ready to declare war on the powerful ward.

Then the little kitten that he wanted to protect had leapt right back to him.

“Ok.”

Yan Boshen’s voice was somewhat hoarse, that Lin SuCi nearly could not recognise that it was his voice.

Lin SuCi did not have time to care about such details. He quickly pulled at Yan Boshen, wanting to leave.

It had taken him so much effort to escape, he could not die here..

The sword hovered in the air. Lin SuCi grabbed Yan Boshen’s arm firmly, his eyes glued to him. In the depth of his pupils, assurance could be seen.

Even if he did not say it, he was rather scared by this experience. Yan Boshen being right next to him had driven away some of the anxiety he had felt, and he was now a lot more at ease.

Standing on the sword, Yan Boshen rose up in the direction away from the ward, ready to take Lin SuCi home.

The dark clouds suddenly dispersed.

They were on their way home!

Lin SuCi’s eyes curved into lines, the corners of his mouth curling up.