Chapter 24

Yunyou Cave was located far up in the north, thousands of miles away from where Lin SuCi was captured. Yan Boshen had chased desperately for nearly a month before he finally reached the place, and the return journey would not be easy as well.

Where Yan Boshen brought the little kitten to rest was somewhere that was a safe distance away from Yunyou Cave, a city where a large sect had jurisdiction over.

It was also very cold there. Their breaths could be seen, creating a fog in front of their face, and everything was iced over.

However, Lin SuCi felt that it was pretty good.

Baby animals had high body temperature, and he had high body heat. In Cardinal Sect, he always slept on the ice bed with Yan Boshen. With the cold air here, it was perfect for him.

This was the first time Lin SuCi had traveled so far away. He followed Yan Boshen around the place they were resting at, looking left and right with relish.

The street here was not as wide as the city near where they lived, and there were many lanes and alleys around.

Yan Boshen led Lin SuCi along, looking for an inn to stay.

The inns here were either plain or simple. In the empty room, other than a low daybed, there was nothing else.

As soon as Lin SuCi saw the daybed, sleepiness came over him.

This time, he had really suffered a lot. Throughout the entire ordeal, he did not even dare to close his eyes. Seeing that bed was like seeing his greatest desire, and Lin SuCi leaped onto it immediately.

Yan Boshen grabbed his collar. “Go wash up first.”

The kitten had traveled from the back mountain of Chongyun Sect all the way to Cave Yunyou in a month. His new clothes had long worn out, and once again, from being a clean little kitten, he turned into a dirty stray cat.

There was no tub in the room. From his ring, Yan Boshen took out a gigantic curved leaf. Collecting water in the center, he fashioned a simple tub from it.

Lin SuCi yawned as he made his way over. When he leaned over the edge of the leaf, he was shocked by his reflection in the water.

“… I’m so dirty?”

Lin SuCi completely could not believe that the dirty little thing in the water, looking ragged and unkempt, was him.

He had actually swaggered through the market looking like this?

Oh god!

Lin SuCi plopped into the water, emitting a stream of bubbles from his mouth.

Yan Boshen had been tense ever since retrieving Lin SuCi. When looking at the desolate Lin SuCi in front of him, his eyes softened.

“You’ll be alright after washing up.”

Lin SuCi pursed his lips.

Forget about everything else, but the dirt… He really did not like being dirty.

His new yellow clothes were all stained and dirty, and the original color had disappeared.

Not only that, when Lin SuCi removed his clothes, he could vaguely feel a constriction. No matter how he tried, he was unable to free his arm.

Struggling for quite some time, baring his teeth, Lin SuCi finally managed to take off the clothes that originally fitted him. Fortunately, the inner layer within was loose, and did not cling to him tightly like a restraint.

Lin SuCi stripped himself bare in no time at all, scooping up water and pouring it over himself.

“Boshen Boshen, quick, help me.”