Chapter 16

Yan Boshen did not know if Lin SuCi was his most valuable item, but he was sure of one thing. Lin SuCi was the one who was most able to spend money.

He had just broke through the first stage of the Qi practice not too long ago. Yan Boshen and Qing Fou examined his body, and decided to allow for his next break through. In a short period of time, out of the many things Yan Boshen had previous purchased for him, there was a small pile that he had no use for anymore.

Lin SuCi reflected upon himself. To prevent wasting these artifacts that he had barely touch, should he stop seeking for advice, and only continue after he was done playing with them?

Yan Boshen’s response was to drag him by his collar into the cold pool abundant with spiritual energy and force him into a closed mental state.

Lin SuCi did not waste any time, and stayed there honestly to try breaking through to the next level.

He did not know how others cultivated, and only knew how he did. Manipulating the spiritual energy to him was as though being like a fish in water. Settling down, he followed accordingly to the standard cultivation methods, and the external spiritual energy flooded into him, coagulating and forming his Dantian, running over and over again through his meridians.

The breakthrough this time felt a lot more uncomfortable than the previous time. As he was letting the spiritual energy flow through him, an indescribable sense of something tearing wrapped around him, from the top of his head to the tip of his toes. It felt as though his flesh and blood was swelling up, and it was a splitting pain.

It hurt…

Lin SuCi’s consciousness drifted away. His body conveyed to him the feeling that it was going through successive changes, and eventually, all that he could feel was nothing but pain.

During this stage, he had no way of evading it, and huge drops of sweat rolled off his forehead from the pain. His face paled, but he was unable to move, and could only grit his teeth and endure the rolling waves of pain.

Lin SuCi did not know how long he suffered under the pain. He could only wait until his body was wrapped up in a light and comfortable spiritual energy, and his pain felt as though it had been washed away.

At the same time, a gentle spiritual energy flowed through Lin SuCi’s body, following along the torn blood vessels within him and slowly repaired them.

Lin SuCi’s hearing had long been blocked. After remaining in a trance for a long time, he could vaguely hear the turbulent splashing sound of water from a small waterfall outside the cold pool.

A moment later, he slowly opened his eyes.

The pearl-like water droplets hung off his long eyelashes. When he looked up, the drops of water fell onto his cheeks. Sliding down his face, they converged on his jaw, glittering and translucent in the light reflected from the pool.

Lin SuCi blinked. The pain he felt was just as though it was a sudden dream, the feeling remaining only vaguely in his flesh and bones. When he gathered enough spiritual energy, he only felt an unspeakable sense of ease and comfort, and the energy felt even more fitting in his body than before.

He got up, and his greyish-purple robe clung onto his body. Soaked in water, the weight of the clothes caused his hips to tremble for a moment when he stood up.

The cold pool gradually got clearer, each ripple bringing along with it curling cold fog. Lin SuCi’s eyes swept past them, catching sight of the flowing spiritual energy.

Lin SuCi flicked his sleeves and leapt up onto the shore, holding onto his clothes.

There was a small bamboo basket beside the bank, and in it was fish porridge that was still steaming in the air.