Chapter 58

Lin Suci’s heart slightly tightened and his voice was unclear, “Mas….ter?”

What are you talking about? Lin Suci opened his mouth, but unexpectedly, his mouth could not even ask that question.

What… What on earth is going on?!

What do you mean ‘can’t go back anymore’? Corpses were on the ground, and the small courtyard was burned down by the fire. However, in the midst of the cold lake, his master was motionless.

Lin Suci was dizzy and his head hurt. He supported his temple and tried hard to clearly see the person, who had slight regrets, through the cold mist.

What really happened?!

Lin Suci heaved a big sigh in panic. He suddenly squatted down and turned over the stiff body of white-robed corpse.

The corpse was a cultivator who seemed to be in his thirties or forties.

He looked quite unfamiliar, so the person was not someone he knew. After flipping the body, he found that the white sleeve, stained with dirt and blood, was embroidered with a pattern that was very familiar to Lin Suci.

His eyes were filled with emotion, “…Are they the people from Mysterious Heart Sect?”

Qing Fou looked regretful in the distance after noticing Lin Suci’s discovery. He said, “Your master made a mistake. I want to abide by the entrustment of my master before his death, but I forgot the reason why I left all those years.”

“Suci. After this departure, I’m afraid it will last forever. Aren’t you most curious about why I left Mysterious Heart Sect? Also, the birth of Cardinal Sect? Since Master is still in a clear conscious mind, I’ll tell you everything, is this alright?”

Qing Fou had never shown the dignity and aura as a master. He usually blended well with his disciples. Furthermore, he also showed good character and a conscience of guilt whenever Yan Boshen was around.

However, at that moment, in the midst of the cold lake, covered by the chilly mist, he lost his usual personality and behaviour. What came to light was his dignity and aura as a master.

Lin Suci was anxious instead, “Master, please come ashore first, let us return and discuss slowly.”

Qing Fou just smiled, “My little Suci, avoiding is not the way.”

Lin Suci squatted on the ground and he could not take another look at the corpse within reach. His eyes were fixed on Qing Fou and he was unsure what to do.

“Three hundred years, your Master, at that time, was the most talented disciple of the whole sect. However, in the sect, nobody appeared to aid me in my cultivation journey, unlike other helpful sects. Some even exploited my Master and senior brothers to restrain me, preventing me from ascending ahead.”

There was a slight smile at the corner of Qing Fou’s mouth as he recalled his memories. He was not cherishing, but ridiculing it.

“At that time, I received a lot of thrust, discrimination and even evil schemes behind my back. The most unacceptable thing to me was when I isolated myself to aim for the golden core, my master took my junior brothers out on a tour. At that moment, one of the senior brothers collaborated with the leader and elders to prevent me from achieving the core formation. They went as far as to inject demonic energy inside my cave.”