Chapter 55

Lin Suci and Bai Qingkong were confused. In the hustle and bustle, they followed the butler of the city lord’s back to the mansion. Chi Haina had won the battle beautifully, and was gone to find someone to settle his matters with great arrogance.

The big victory depended on the two most under-appreciated young men. Although the other cultivators that were recruited by the city lord were pleased with the victory of their side, they were also slightly embarrassed. When they returned to the mansion, they all gathered together, but did not go to congratulate Lin Suci and Bai Qingkong.

Lin Suci and Yan Boshen stayed in a small courtyard where the other cultivators never set foot. They only welcomed Bai Qingkong, and Shu Changyi who was still in women’s clothing.

Presently, Lin Suci and Bai Qingkong were the great heroes of the city lord’s mansion. The butler still remained polite and obediently obeyed them. The young maids walked in line, one after the other to fill up the table with fruits and rice wine. The gourmet foods also continued to fill up one after another and there were still seven or eight beautiful maids serving them.

Four people were sitting around an octagonal table. The table was full of plates and the beautiful maids stood on one side wanting to serve them, but were rejected. Some could not help but initiate the opportunity to pour the wine with a calming smile.

Lin Suci and Bai Qingkong both put forth great energy that day and their stomachs were long empty. Even at the table, they did not even bother to talk.  At once, with chopsticks in their hands, they immersed themselves in the food.

The maid poured the wine. Lin Suci reached out for the wine cup without raising his head. Yan Boshen turned his chopsticks to the other end and patted the back of his hand.

“Hey!” Lin Suci bit his chopsticks and looked up while looking at Yan Boshen in surprise.

Yan Boshen directly grasped the cup from his hand and placed it in front of him.

“You are still young, so no alcohol for you.”

“I’m not young anymore…” Lin Suci licked his lips, but he did not have a strong urge to drink anyways. He just thought that drinking wine would make him be regarded as an adult. He wanted to give it a try, so he eagerly stretched out his hand again and took the wine glass in front of Yan Boshen.

Yan Boshen, who was seated directly next to him, pressed his hand against Lin Suci’s while wrapping Lin Suci’s palm that was smaller than him under the table.

That posture made Lin Suci somehow a little uncomfortable. He could not avoid his arms from being placed horizontally on top of Yan Boshen’s legs. His body leaned slightly.

“Senior…” Lin Suci wanted to say something but Yan Boshen looked elsewhere and added a piece of beef into Lin Suci’s bowl.

“Don’t talk while eating.”

That was his rejecting request.

Lin Suci bit his chopsticks and looked sideways at Yan Boshen. He gnawed the chopsticks for a while and something flashed across his mind.

There were not more than four people seated around. The octagonal table was big enough. But the way the four seated seemed like Lin Suci was closer to Yan Boshen while Bai Qingkong and Shu Changyi were seated together. The pairs were distant from each other.