Chapter 13

As the cat ears of Lin SuCi twitched in front of the youth’s eyes, the youth was reminded that he had often heard of a person like this from his teachers in recent months.

Cardinal Sect’s Lin SuCi.

The bane who made the sect leader punish a very promising senior uncle.

The youth’s face twisted obviously. He choked, unable to breath, and his face turned red.

Lin SuCi, with a kind smile on his face, said conscientiously, “When you go back, remember to tell your sect leader that I’m a kind elder. Looking at your youthful ignorance, there’s no need to heavily punish you, just a few floggings would be fine.”

Lin SuCi used his method of showing concern for the mentally disabled to show concern for his juniors. His expression was very gentle, together with his adorable and good looking face, he looked very innocent.

The youth’s eyes were glazed. “…”

The youth crouching down hurriedly got up and pressed on his fellow disciples, bowing respectfully to Lin SuCi. “We apologise! We’ll now go back to receive discipline from our teachers!”

Lin SuCi waved his hand magnanimously, “Go ahead, it’s not a big deal. Remember to tell them to use less strength.”

The three red faced youths covered their faces with their sleeves and soon disappeared from the eyes of the audience.

Lin SuCi now straightened his back and gave a shy, embarrassed smile to the crowd. He scratched his cheeks, and his face was pink, speaking softly, “Sorry to have disturbed all of you…”

“It’s fine, it’s fine. Little brother, you’re also from Mysterious Heart Sect? You seem to be quite senior in rank?” The young man who claimed to be from Pagoda Temple was curious.

Before Lin SuCi could answer, the circle of spiritual energy around his wrist flashed. His body suddenly floated up, flying over the crowd and was pulled towards a direction far away from the crowd.

He was only in the air for a short moment. Lin SuCi’s pupils contracted, and before he even had time to wonder, he had already landed steadily.

Standing in front of him, Yan Boshen pulled his hand back, and looked at the little kitten with a faint smile.

“Not bad.”

Putting aside those words whose meaning could not be discerned, Yan Boshen tapped Lin SuCi with a finger. They were surrounded by a ball of spiritual light, and Lin SuCi saw a flash. When he opened his eyes again, in front of him was a lane.

As soon as he steadied himself, Lin SuCi eagerly grabbed Yan Boshen’s sleeves. His eyes were full of curiosity. “What’s not bad? What were you complimenting?”

Yan Boshen did not answer.

“You saw that?” Lin SuCi made the realisation very quickly, and immediately put on an aggrieved look. He sniffled at Yan Boshen, pointing at his own arm, and complained, “They’re so mean, scolding me and bullying me, and they even wanted to hit me! Boshen Boshen, why didn’t you come and rescue me?”

From looking like a compassionate elder in front of those youths, the little kitty now looked like a pouting child throwing a tantrum.

Yan Boshen glanced at him, speaking composedly, “Didn’t you deal with it very well?”

When he found out that the little fellow had left his sight, Yan Boshen immediately chased after him, and witnessed how the little kitten countered the situation.

From his every move, every smile, every look in his eyes, the little kitty was very quick-witted, and took the first step in pre-emptive actions. He could even comfortably switch between being ferocious and shyness, causing Yan Boshen to be somewhat fascinated by him.