Chapter 12

Cardinal Sect was situated way up in the mountains. The settlement closest to them was at least hundreds of miles away.

Lin SuCi started his Qi practice, and could be considered to be a cultivator already. This time, when he flew with Yan Boshen on the sword, his body no longer suffered from any discomfort. Hiding in Yan Boshen’s robes, he chattered away.

When Yan Boshen’s sword landed in the biggest city within a hundred miles radius, Lin SuCi finally shut his talkative mouth.

For the past few months, he had been living in the mountains, always either in Cardinal Sect or within the woods, and the only time he left the place, was a not very pleasant journey to Mysterious Heart Sect.

Lin SuCi’s eyes had started shining. As he walked, his head was turning everywhere, eyes darting all over, and his tongue clicking away.

“Boshen Boshen, why is there a statue on the roof of this house! Boshen Boshen, what are they hanging on those bamboo poles in their yard?”

Lin SuCi walked on the dirt path. Along the path was the fragrance of wild flowers and smoke from the chimneys of kitchens, giving him a down-to-earth feeling, different from how life was like in Cardinal Sect. Having never seen such sights before, he was full of excitement. He even wanted to catch an ant by the side of the road and greet it.

“Guardian beast… Drying dyed cloth… That’s the ear of wheat…”

The city gates were towering. Many civilians were going in and out, and there were occasional groups of people dressed neatly in uniform patrolling.

With a curious cat next to him, Yan Boshen, who never spoke much, had unknowingly ended up speaking quite a lot as he answered Lin SuCi’s incessant questions.

Lin SuCi did not care much about Yan Boshen’s answers. He did not actually want to know everything. In both his previous life and the few months of his current one, he had never been exposed to anything like this before. Listening to Yan Boshen’s low voice, he had long been filled with excitement, and exclaimed about everything in front of his starry eyes.

This was the largest city lake within a hundred miles, with mountains and pavilions around it, and a continuous stream of cultivators walking along the streets and lanes. Lin SuCi sobered his mind up, and gripped the sleeve of his official keeper tightly, to prevent himself from getting lost. However, his thoughts had long been on what was going on around them.

Yan Boshen was not surprised by how the little kitten was amazed by everything. For a kitten who was exposed to such a scene for the first time in his life, as long as he did not run around harassing the crowd, he was satisfied. Other than that, Yan Boshen dared not ask for more.

To have a little cat-boy pulling on his sleeve as he walked around was not very dignified. Yan Boshen attached a ring of invisible spiritual energy on Lin SuCi’s wrist, and let him go bouncing around after he ensured that he would always be within his sight.

On the sides of the broad street were lined with a wide range of shops selling spiritual wares and robes. There were even civilian servants standing at the door welcoming guests in.

Lin SuCi’s eyes were drawn to every shop and display. Everything was colourful and chaotic, and his ears perked up and he could not stop exclaiming.

“Wow!”

“Wow!”

“Wow-oh!”

The exquisite artifacts in front of him flowed with pure spiritual energy. To Lin SuCi, they made him extremely comfortable, not to mention how the artifacts themselves looked delicate and beautiful. He had never seen such things before, and revealed the curiosity of a kitten that was only a few months old. Soon, unaware, he walked out of Yan Boshen’s sight.