Chapter 8

As if Dingye would dare.

He knew what his own disciples had done, and even he himself was involved in it, and would not be able to separate himself from this matter.

To swear on his cultivation, did that not mean that his lifetime cultivation would go down the drain?!

The main hall was completely silent. From the head of Mysterious Heart Sect to the servant standing on guard outside the hall, their eyes were all concentrated on Dingye. He was dripping with sweat, and he felt guilty.

Lin SuCi waited for a moment, and seeing that the other person refused to open his mouth, he then put his hand down. A slight smile appeared on his face, and he said gently, “But this all has to do with with younger disciples, to involve the elders, it doesn’t seem quite right. Senior Ding, I believe you don’t know anything about it, right?”

Dingye shot a quick look at Sect Leader Wang. “…”

Seeing this, Sect Leader Wang smiled and walked down the platform to round up the play. “Of course Senior Ding doesn’t know anything about it, this is all a misunderstanding. I believe it must be his disciples fooling around. How this came about, we will certainly investigate.”

Lin SuCi heard this and smiled brightly, “Then, Sect Leader Wang, please show mercy. Don’t beat your Junior Nephew to death. After all, it’s still a life, it’s worth more than 3000 spiritual gems.”

After hearing his words, Sect Leader Wang did not want to bother with Lin SuCi anymore. This so-called little cub, every single word he said could cause a person to choke to death.

With a stiff smile, he turned his head and snapped at the disciple guarding the door. “First go beat that unruly kid, then lock him up, and wait for me to deal with him.”

Lin SuCi watched as the disciple ran out in panic and fear, and Sect Leader Wang’s face had already turned completely dark. He let the smile on his face slowly fade away, then replaced it with an uneasy look, twisting his fingers, he anxiously asked. “Sect Leader Wang, did I do something wrong to make you so angry?”

Sect Leader Wang looked at him heavily, but still laughed, “You did nothing wrong. When you found out something wasn’t right, you reported it as quickly as you can, and prevented us from being deceived.”

Lin SuCi patted his chest and sighed in relief. “That’s great. I’m young, and have just learnt to transform less than two days ago. I don’t really know the rules, so I was worried that I have offended you.”

Sect Leader Wang, “… No, no you didn’t.”

“That’s good. If I had been rude, please forgive me due to my youth and ignorance.” Lin Suci politely said, scratching his cheek, his face infused with a shy blush, and bowed his head.

Sect Leader Wang and Dingye exchanged deep glances, but they were also resigned. Not only could they not be angry, but because Lin SuCi was a young cub, they still had to coax him nicely.

With Sect Leader Wang’s and Dingye’s stiff consolations, the anxious Lin SuCi finally relaxed and sat down.

After sitting down, he quietly leaned into Yan Boshen. Covering his mouth with his hand, he asked softly, “Senior, their disciples had bullied us, shouldn’t they offer something in apology?”

No matter how soft the whisper was, with the silence in the main hall, everyone still heard it.

However, Yan Boshen froze slightly.

Lin SuCi’s lips had touched his earlobe.

He tightened his jaw, and shifted aside without any trace, then gently straightened Lin SuCi who was bonelessly leaning against him. Not caring to lower his voice, he replied, “This is for Master to worry about.”