Chapter 19 The truth will come to light

As night fell, Credence appeared at a highly secretive private club.

Several of his close friends, whom he had known since childhood, were back from Monticello. One of them was Marvin Jules, who had been in the special forces for more than ten years. This time, he was back to Talco City for a task. It was a rare opportunity for them to gather around. Therefore, the liveliest of the bunch, Jonathon Stanton, organized this gathering.

In the private room on the top floor, Credence stood quietly by the glass window. He was slowly unbuttoning the first two buttons of his black shirt, revealing part of his seductive chest.

Holding two glasses of red wine, Jonathan walked over and handed Credence a glass. He looked back at Marvin and said with a smile, "Marvin, how many years has it been since we last saw Credence being so upset? It doesn't seem to be a problem with his business though. It looks more like his desire wasn't satisfied. Come on, tell me, which woman is the culprit?"

Marvin was not as fond of laughs and jokes as Jonathan. However, having trained in the army for many years, he was good at reading people's minds. He glanced at Credence and said sharply, "I bet it's because of Dorothy!"

It was not a question, but a statement.

Credence turned around with downcast eyes. Staring deeply into Marvin's eyes, he went on to finish his glass of red wine in one gulp.

Gripping the glass with his fingers, he said slowly, "After sleeping with her every time, I'd force her to take contraceptive pills. But now she was saying that she was pregnant with my child. think it's ridiculous. But she is already my wife, there is no need to deceive me!"

"It's simple. Just do a DNA test!"

Jonathan replied nonchalantly. He lifted his thumb to touch his chin and smiled smugly. "Credence, have you forgotten what my family is doing? As long as you need it, I can assist you at any time. You'll be able to get the result within 16 hours."

Unlike Credence, who was mature and aloof, Jonathan had fair skin and a pair of bright eyes. With a faint smile, he looked lively and energetic.

Credence lit up a cigarette and put it between his lips. Wearing a calm expression, he remained silent for a long time. After that, a flash of determination crossed his eyes. "Alright, please make some arrangements for me. I want the result tomorrow."

Not long after, they ended their gathering and returned to their respective homes.

At that moment, the private room became calm again.

Standing quietly in the shadows, a waiter pulled out his mobile phone from his pocket and made a call.

At the same time, Rosalie was shopping in a jewelry store. After listening to the waiter's report, she was freaked out. "Okay, got it. I will send someone to pay you the money later."

After ending the call, Rosalie's delicate face gradually showed a panicked expression.

The truth would inevitably come to light.

She did not hand the fake paternity report over to Credence personally. But if he made up his mind to pursue the matter, it would lead to her sooner or later.

Rosalie was at a loss.

What was she going to do?

She took a deep breath, trying to hide her emotions. Then, she scrolled through her contact list on her phone and found a number that she had never contacted. She moved her fingers on the screen and sent a message to that number.

"I need your help."

Not long after, she received a reply.

It was only one word, "Okay."

Squeezing the phone in her palm, Rosalie smiled grimly.

............

At noon the next day, Jonathan delivered the paternity test report to Credence personally. He placed the report on Credence's desk. Having a cigarette

butt between his lips, he said with a grin, "Congratulations, man! You are going to be a father soon!"

Credence, who was signing a document, suddenly paused. After a moment of silence, he picked up the test report and turned to the last page. When he saw that the parent-child relationship was concluded to be 99%, he let out a laugh. However, this laughter was as cold as ice.

He immediately called Maria and ordered her to go to his bedroom to check the contraceptive pill package.

A few minutes later, Maria replied, "Mr. Scott, the contraceptive pills expired two months ago."

"I see."

Credence slammed his phone on the table. His face turned livid with anger.

At that point, Credence was finally clear about everything.

Someone must have produced a fake paternity test report to him in an attempt to sabotage the already fragile relationship between him and Dorothy.

Just as he was about to call the institution to hold them accountable for the fake test report, his mobile phone rang.

As soon as he answered the phone, he heard the sharp sound of an ambulance siren coming from the other side. Some medical staff said anxiously, "Mr. Scott, something happened to Miss Rosalie. Please come to the municipal hospital as soon as possible."

Upon hearing that, Credence suddenly propped himself up. The doubt in his heart gradually faded away.

.............