Chapter 172 Something happened to Miss Germaine.

Dorothy stepped aside as she listened to Credence's first words to Belle. Her face tensed with nervousness and her breathing was close to none.

For the past few years, even though her daughter had asked about her father in the beginning, after successfully coaxing her a few times, she stopped making a fuss and became sensible and well-behaved.

However, this time was different. Dorothy was unsure whether her daughter could accept the sudden appearance of her father.

She stared at Belle's face anxiously and carefully observed her expression.

What had she observed?

Her precious daughter had rubbed her beautiful blue eyes and merely blinked at Credence for a while. A look of displeasure crossed her little face as she spoke, "Mommy, didn't you tell me that my Daddy was with God in heaven now? That means this man here can't possibly be my Daddy?"

"Mommy, there are lots of bad guys out there, you know? Don't be fooled by them. I have already found my own father anyway, he's the most handsome man on this planet! He's even more handsome than any of the male idols out there."

Credence was not prepared for this at all. This little girl had given his ego a nasty blow, his expression turned icy cold.

This was the first time in his life in which he had suffered a major setback from a girl. Moreover, it was a girl who was barely six. All sorts of emotions welled up in his chest as he cast a questioning look at Dorothy. He was greeted with her gloating stare. His heart melted at her coquettish expression.

He stretched out his hand and gently patted the top of Belle's head and asked softly, "I thought you were sick? How did you muster up all that energy to say so much? Are you hungry? Do you want a hamburger or some fried chicken?"

"Don't think you can bribe me with that!"

Belle whined cutely and pouted, "I have a godfather and a godmother to bring me those, you know? They already treated me many times before. If you want me to think of you as my father, you're going to have to treat me to more! At least 250 more times!"

Dorothy could not help but ask curiously, "Why does it have to be 250 times?"

Belle fell silent for a few seconds. Eventually, she stretched out her little finger and pointed at the tall and handsome man in front of her. With all the innocence in the world, she began to answer, "It's because... Well, I like that number."

After that, Belle began to laugh to herself.

Dorothy did not know what to say. She wanted to laugh too, but she managed to contain herself when she saw how much the other man's face had darkened at that moment. She coughed to hide her embarrassment, then she took her bag from the sofa and spoke to Belle softly, "Belle, you've just woken up, so you can't eat greasy food. I'll go out and buy you something else to eat, alright?"

"Okay, Mommy. But can you wait a minute?"

"Yes, Belle, what is it?"

The little girl pointed at Credence and pouted, "What do we do with this man who claims to be my Daddy?"

As Dorothy watched the man's face get even darker, she couldn't help but laugh out loud in the end. "Belle, you can do whatever you want with him."

"Mommy, I have seen his photos before. Germaine secretly showed them to me and even told me that he had bullied you and made you cry countless times! Mommy, you don't have to be scared. I will support you till the end, I won't call him Daddy so easily," She clenched her little fists with a serious look.

Dorothy was stunned at the moment. How could she accurately describe her feelings at that moment?

It was hard for her to put into words. Her heart prickled, filling with the soft warmth that made her feel incredibly happy.