Chapter 115 Progress

It was Credence's university friend, Yadriel Worley from the police station who had called him.

After exchanging a few courteous greetings, Yadriel quickly got to the point. He asked,
"Credence, Dorothy is about to go to court. How is your investigation going?"

"As expected, the victim has agreed to help her clear her crimes, and is willing to negotiate about the terms and accept compensation too."

Credence was tightly gripping the phone in his hands as he spoke with a calm but cold expression on his face.

"Great, I'm almost done here too. See you on
Monday."

It was the weekend, and it was less than two days until Monday.

His face was cold, and there was not a single emotion in his deep eyes.

Credence walked into the parking lot. As soon as he sat in the car, he heard the sound of someone politely knocking on his car window right as his well-defined hands rested on the steering wheel.

"Mr. Scott, what a coincidence to meet you here. I happen to have something to show you."

The man was the private detective, Victor who Credence spent a lot of money to hire.

When Victor saw Credence slowly rolling down his window, he hurriedly retracted his chiseled face.

He said quickly, "Mr. Scott, I've done some investigating and found out that Rosalie had gone to meet your family's butler, Roger. She had seen him two years ago in the afternoon before your father's incident."

"Coincidentally, the next morning, Roger had a serious case of cold and diarrhea, thus he had been sent to the hospital. That morning was the morning your father had accidentally been pushed off the balcony by your wife. I think that these two matters are definitely related."

Victor's expressions were incredibly calm. His analysis was logical, Although Credence had drunk too much, he could clearly remember everything Victor uttered.

His heart, which had been as solid as iron, suddenly circled with a sense of panic that could not be suppressed.

His hands, which had been holding the steering wheel, were gripping on it so hard that green veins bulged on the back of his hands. The scene looked terrifying.

Although the heater was turned on to its maximum setting, Credence still felt a chill run down his spine.

If Dorothy had not slept with him on her own accord; If his father's fall had not been her fault...

Then, what the hell had he done throughout all these years? What right did he have to loathe and hurt Dorothy like that?

Credence nodded, "Alright, understand. You've done a good job. Keep on investigating."

His pitch-black pupils were extremely deep and dark, so dark that there wasn't even the slightest glimmer of light. His entire body was shrouded in a gloomy and oppressive aura.

Victor bid him farewell in a hurry, "Mr. Scott, I willtake my leave first."

He hailed a taxi and got in, continuing his investigation.

Credence leaned back against the driver's seat. He then let go of the steering wheel, covered his sour face with one hand, and stayed still for a long time.

It was not until Benjamin pulled open the car door and handed him a USB stick with Rosalie's unsightly video to Credence that he came back to his senses.

He looked down at the USB stick in his palm, and his eyes flashed with ferocity. He said, "Let's go back to the company and inform all the senior executives to head to the conference room. I want the Fisher Group's stock to consecutively fall for an entire week."