Chapter 84 Cooperate with me

In the conference room, Benjamin had organized all the documents from the meeting. He opened the door to head out. As soon as he stepped out of the room, he saw the always-stoic Credence striding over with a horrible expression on his face!

"The president of the Fisher Group, Caleb Fisher, just gave you a call..."

Benjamin had not even finished half of his sentence before he was pushed away ruthlessly by Credence.

Credence made his way to the elevator.

Benjamin was caught off-guard. He could not stand steadily and staggered back towards the conference room door before finally regaining his balance.

Credence would not even answer a phone call from Rosalie's own father. What kind of urgent matter had actually happened?

Although he did not know what had happened, he knew that it had to be something related to Dorothy.

Even when Rosalie had been insulted by several gangsters in the underground parking lot previously, Credence had remained stony.

He had only gone to the hospital to visit Rosalie on the first day. After that, he had been busy with company affairs and had basically never asked about Rosalie's physical condition anymore.

Credence had only ordered him, an assistant, to go to the hospital every day to check up on her and send her some expensive fruits and supplements to consume.

Perhaps bystanders were better at seeing the big picture. An incredible thought suddenly flashed through Benjamin's mind. His boss's true love, was actually the wife he seemed to hate so much on the surface.

Benjamin walked into the secretary's office. As soon as he finished arranging the documents for his other colleagues, a few people came up to him out of nowhere.

"Benjamin, is the president going to look for his wife?"

"Why are you asking me that?" Benjamin retorted."Just now, when I passed by the president, heard him talking about his wife."

"That's great. Does that mean the president finally sees the good in her?"

"In my opinion, Rosalie can't even compare to a single strand of Madam Dorothy's hair. Bah, that woman is just a b*tch."

"Everyone, that's enough. Go back to your work. President's private affairs are not something for us to discuss."

Benjamin's solemn words ended everyone's gossip at once.

When the flight from Palm City arrived at Talco City's airport, it was almost 2:30 p.m.

The instant Dorothy had left the tropical city to return to the gloomy city that rained all year long. her feelings grew as gloomy as the weather. She was not in a good mood at all.

As she walked out of the airport, Dorothy pushed her suitcase with one hand and used her other hand to call Juelz to tell him that she had arrived safely. "Juelz, I've just gotten off the plane and I've arrived in Talco City. Remember to take care of yourself first. Don't worry about me. For the sake of the child in my belly, I won't let anything happen to me."

Dorothy lowered her head and looked at her flat stomach with tenderness written all over her face.

At the other end of the phone, Juelz laid on the hospital bed, finally having gotten a call from Dorothy. He raised his eyebrows. The pit of anxiety in his stomach from being abandoned turned into deep concern and care. He told her, "Dory, you'd better be careful. If you sense that something's wrong, run away immediately. Don't hesitate at all."

"Back then, that had been my tactic to escape the horde of women throwing themselves at me. I'm telling you, this is my secret weapon to saving my own life. usually don't tell other people about this. So, you have to remember it, Dory."

"Yeah, yeah. Stop worrying so much, you mother hen."

"Dory, are you giving me the cold shoulder
because I'm nagging you? You're actually daring to hate me. Oh, my fragile heart hurts..."

Before Juelz could finish whining, the door of the ward was suddenly kicked open by a long-legged figure. Jonathan walked in casually. He took his hands out of his trouser pockets, sizing up the helpless patient wrapped tightly in gauze. Jonathan grinned, delighted, "Hey, Juelz, the number one rich playboy in Talco City. Come here, give me your phone. Work with me and promise I won't beat you up!"

Arriving at the hospital, Jonathon was doing things according to Credence's orders.

If Juelz was still in the hospital, he would have to get the information from him. If Juelz would not talk, then Jonathan would let his fists do the talking.

While Juelz was still distracted, Jonathan rushed towards him and fiercely yanked the phone out of his hands.

The moment Juelz saw Jonathan, he had a feeling that Jonathan had come to stir up trouble. He was about to turn off his phone, but he did not expect Jonathan to move that quickly. A gust of wind blew
past him, and suddenly, Jonathan had already snatched his phone away.

Juelz was enraged. He clenched his fists and pummeled the bed, cursing, "D*mn, Jonathan, what do you want? Have you forgotten the wonderful times when we had drunk, picked up girls and fooled around together? You've actually snatched my phone away from me. Are you even a f*cking human?"

However, no matter how ear-splitting Juelz's shouts were, Jonathan paid him no attention. He glanced at the words 'Dearest Dory' on the screen and looked at Juelz with condescending eyes. He scolded, "How dare you think about touching Credence's woman? Are you stupid? Juelz, here's a piece of advice. Cherish your life, and stay away from Dorothy!"

"F*ck, Jonathan, give me my phone back! Even if I want Dory, what does that have anything to do with you? If Credence really cared about her, loved her and protected her, then wouldn't have had that thought!"

Juelz's eyes flamed with anger, "Does he love Dory, though? Has he ever regarded Dory as his wife?"

Jonathan's purpose had been achieved. He had no time to talk about Credence's affairs. Jonathan turned around and walked out, placing Juelz's phone to his ear, and began talking to an anxious Dorothy.

"Yes, it's me. Juelz and are drinking buddies. Of course, we won't do anything to him. Relax. As long as you call Credence and tell him the truth about your location and when you're going home, I can promise you that Juelz will be safe and sound."

Meanwhile, Dorothy was sitting in the back seat of a cab headed towards the center of Talco City. From the other end of the call, she had heard Jonathan and Juelz's quarrel. She especially noticed the seemingly polite tone Jonathan used, which was laced with threat. Dorothy rubbed her temples and chuckled angrily. Although her gaze was icy and disappointed, tears brimmed in her eyes.

"Mr. Stanton, am now at Talco City airport. I'm rushing over to meet Credence and Rosalie right prepared for her this time around?

Dorothy's hand tightened around her bag and she smiled coldly.

After walking for about fifteen minutes, she stood at the door of the private room, located at the end of the corridor on the top floor. After a long time spent pondering, she finally gritted her teeth and opened the exquisitely carved door.

............