Chapter 52 Can you hug me!

By the window of the ICU in the opposite hospital, a slender and stern black silhouette of a man stood silently. It was so quiet!

Credence lit a cigarette between his thin lips. His other hand slowly placed his mobile phone into his pocket. He did everything slowly, and his sight was deep and unwavering.

Not only did Dorothy not pick up his call, she was so bold that she declined it...

His face did not reveal any emotions, but Rosalie, who was leaning against the head of the bed, trembled violently. She did not even dare to breathe loudly.

Given her keen intuition, she was sure that Credence had called Dorothy.

However, for some reason, Dorothy, who had always been submissive and obedient to Credence, actually hung up the call!

She was asking for death!

However, the more rebellious Dorothy was, the easier it would be for Rosalie to become Mrs. Scott.

Rosalie looked at Credence's straight and perfect back with tender eyes. She smiled sweetly and said, "Thank you for visiting me. The doctor said that he has to remove the transplanted kidney. I'll need to wait for another suitable kidney before undergoing another kidney transplant."

She awakened Credence, who was lost in his thoughts, with her delicate and soft voice. When he turned his head, he saw Rosalie's innocent face, and his gaze softened a little, "Okay, you have to endure the pain for a few more days. I've already instructed my men to find a matching kidney for you at all cost!"

He was relieved and grateful that Rosalie was no longer obsessing about taking Dorothy's kidney.

At that moment, Rosalie could tell from his words that he was unwilling to let Dorothy donate her kidney. He was subconsciously protecting Dorothy's health and Rosalie's heart felt like it had been torn apart.

Under the thin blanket, her hands tightly gripped the white bed sheets. She buried the pain deep in her heart. She stared at Credence and smiled sweetly. Upon a closer look, there was still the shyness of a young girl in her eyes.

"Credence, don't worry! Although Dorothy has done a bad thing to me, it's already in the past. After all, she is my sister. I will try to forgive her and not hold her accountable."

"I don't know what happened during the last operation. My sister disappeared from the operating table, and the kidney I got was from a woman who had died recently... After this incident, I think I understand now. Is my sister not willing to donate her kidney to me? Well, it's fine. Who is willing to give their kidney to another person?"

As she spoke, crystal clear tears stained her beautiful face. "I don't blame my sister, and I don't blame you either. It's my fate. Credence, if, and I mean if, at the last moment of my life I have not found a matching donor, can you... can you hug me so that I would leave this world slowly in your warmth? To be honest, I don't want to die, and I don't want to leave you. My greatest wish is to marry you, be the happiest bride ever, and have several lovely babies with you."

As Rosalie spoke, Credence's face darkened and he smoked quietly. Then, he threw the cigarette butt into the trash bin and took a few steps forward. He subconsciously frowned as he stood beside the bed. There was a hint of helplessness on his face. "Don't worry, as long as I'm here, you'll be fine."

"What if we can't find a kidney?"

Rosalie's face was filled with tears. Her pale and weak body seemed to have been drained of blood in an instant. Tears flowed down her face as she stared at Credence with her reddened eyes. She no longer pretended to smile and said softly, "Credence, I'm really scared. I'm afraid that my body cannot hold on any longer. Perhaps tonight, or tomorrow, or the day after tomorrow, I'll close my eyes forever and never see you again."

"Can you... can you hug me?"

Rosalie was 23 years old and had been doted on by Credence for a full six years.

This kind of deep love made all the women in Talco City jealous, including Dorothy.

Everyone was curious as to why Credence doted on Rosalie so much but, in the end, he did not marry her. Instead, he married her sister, Dorothy.

Everyone firmly believed that Dorothy was the one who had unscrupulously climbed into Credence's bed and shamelessly snatched Rosalie's boyfriend away from her.

Therefore, everyone, including Rosalie's parents, was disgusted by Dorothy's actions.

But only Rosalie knew that Credence's love for her was not as deep as what the rumors said it was.

He could tolerate her occasionally being coquettish, occasionally holding onto his arm, and occasionally hugging him, but he had never taken the initiative to hug her, let alone kiss her lips...

Even if she deliberately wore a sexy dress around him, hiseyes would remain calm and his heart would not have the slightest ripples.

How could a man who did not thirst for her body love her? "Credence, can you hug me?"

Rosalie suppressed the complex emotions in her heart. She looked at the handsome man in front of her with her watery eyes and asked with a chuckle.

If that d*mn old man from the Scott family did not arrange for Dorothy and Credence to sleep in the same bed four years ago, then all these tragedies would not have happened to her...

Credence stood still next to Rosalie. He did not move an inch.

He took a deep look at Rosalie, who was on the hospital bed,

and saw her haggard but sincere face...

It was evident that, since her illness, she had lost a lot of weight. Her face was pale and her skin was dry, like a flower that was about to wither. And the culprit responsible for her pitiful circumstance was Dorothy, who was stubborn...

But he could still afford to give Rosalie a hug!

Credence nodded calmly. He leaned down, spread out his powerful arms, and slowly wrapped them around Rosalie's slender waist.

His tall body covered the top of Rosalie's head, casting a large shadow.

After she got the long-awaited embrace, her lips curled up in a smile. Her soft, pale lips moved close to Credence and she breathed in his ears.

"Thank you. I'm very satisfied, really satisfied. Even if I die at this moment, I'll be willing!"

She looked up and saw his beautiful eyebrows. Her hands could not help but restlessly touch his hard and warm chest. When her hand was about to slide down, he suddenly stretched out two cold fingers to hold her wrist, obviously not allowing her to continue her movements.

"Is that enough?"

From the beginning till the end, Credence's eyes were not at all distracted.

Rosalie was inexplicably angry. She tried to make her intentions known, "It's not enough. I want to hug you until the day we grow old!"

Without Credence's consent, she raised her head and tried to kiss his thin lips.

Credence subconsciously turned his face. Rosalie's kiss landed on his left cheek.

All of a sudden, the door of the ward opened from the outside with a click, and Germaine walked in with Dorothy. The two of them stared blankly at the kissing couple, and the ward suddenly became silent..

.........