Chapter 79 Cost a lot

Squatting on the cold floor, Dorothy couldn't suppress her sorrow.

From back when she was sixteen and Credence had helped her out of her trouble, till now when she was twenty-six years old, Credence had always been her everything. However, everything seemed to have changed in the blink of an eye.

She felt it in her bones that he didn't love her at all. However, at least he did cherish her as his wife as she had been showing him affection during their four-year marriage. However, she didn't expect that he had hated her since the very beginning.

At first, she really thought that the reason Credence rushed to Palm City was to take her home. However, it turned out that he just wanted to pass her a divorce agreement that he had already signed.

Their relationship had really come to an end this time.

Dorothy stood up slowly, wiped the tears on her face, and took a deep breath. She held the divorce agreement tightly in her hand and then smiled tearily.

"Credence, I agree to divorce with you. Really, I'm willing to give up any compensation."

Credence raised his exhausted eyebrows. He saw that she kept staring at the first page of the agreement. Her face was pale, and there was no expression on her face.

"You want to divorce with me that much?"

The man lowered his noble head, and there were self-mockery and helplessness in his eyes. His fair and cold palm slid from her shoulder to her cold face. He said in a low pitch, "This agreement was drafted when you proposed to divorce with me a few months ago, but I haven't handed it to you. Do you know why? I was hesitating whether to end our marriage or not."

"To be honest, in the past 29 years, I never hesitated for even a second in making any decision!"

"But you, Dorothy, made me hesitate!"

"In the past four years, I admit that I didn't care about you at all, and I would like to apologize for it. Since I had come to Palm City all the way from Talco City for you, let's start all over again, okay?"

The man, who had never spoken sweet words before, lifted his thin lips quickly and tried his best to coax her. He felt that it was more difficult than the intense negotiation in the business field.

Dorothy was stunned and looked at the man softened his attitude in front of her. She had imagined it before. However, she didn't feel happy at all at that moment.

If she had not found the agreement accidentally, maybe she would have been very happy and rejoiced that he was finally willing to put his pride aside to coax her.

However, at the moment, she was not sure if she was dreaming.

Credence hated her so much and even wanted her to die. How could he treat her well like how he treated Rosalie?

"Credence, if you don't love me, can you stop telling me lies? I feel anxious hearing that! It's been four years, and I've been suffering every single day. However, no matter how long I've waited, you never fell in love with me. I give up now and I admit that I've lost. I admit that I'm just a failure and I'm willing to leave you. Isn't that good? Why do you have to start it all over again? Do you want me to suffer for another four more years?"

She told him everything calmly. There was not much expression on her face. She didn't want to look at him anymore.

The next second, he held her body in his arms again. The man's tall and straight body leaned against her completely. He did not kiss her. His thin lips brushed past her pale cheeks to her auricle. He didn't move his lips away.