Chapter 180 I owe you an apology

His black eyes grew even darker as all sorts of complex emotions played out in them. She could not tell exactly what was going through his mind.

Joy, blame, and a deeply-rooted remorse could be seen in his pupils.

"Credence, did you hit your head in the car accident?"

Dorothy had never seen this man in such extreme guilt before. She could not help but stand rooted on the ground. She merely looked at him in a daze as she waited for him to answer her.

But in Credence's eyes, this woman who he had hurt mercilessly was still deeply concerned about him even though they had been divorced for six years. When she heard that he was injured, she came to visit him in a hurry. Her true feelings for him were no different than six years ago.

The two cars were actually part of Rosalie's evil scheme. In them were some mercenaries that she had hired with a large amount of money. She wanted Credence and his entire family to die an unnatural death, a premeditated explosion.

Had he not been vigilant enough, Dorothy and Belle would not have remained safe and sound. Their fates would most likely be up to the Gods to decide.

However, six years ago, he had been too stubborn and tyrannical. He had played into Rosalie's game and allowed Dorothy to be framed time and time again. As her husband, not only did he not help her, he even added insult to injury and abandoned her to deal with the torment herself...

Credence frowned at that thought, feeling a stabbing pain in his heart.

He really should have been punished for being such a b*stard six years ago.

The cold violence and blatant disregard he had treated Dorothy with had caused her to lose her naturally bright smile, as well as the gentle smile that shone in her eyes when she saw him back then.

Compared to the pain Dorothy had suffered, the injury he had sustained on his leg was nothing.

Suddenly, the man stretched his arms out and pulled Dorothy into his embrace. His thin lips pressed against her ear, as he murmured softly, "Dorothy, I really owe you an apology for everything I've done in the four years of our marriage."

An unknown emotion began to surface in Dorothy. She could not pin down the feeling but it made her feel both depressed and uncomfortable.

She asked in startled confusion, "Credence, what is wrong with you?"

She raised her voice a little and her heart was beating rapidly. She hurriedly broke free from his embrace and gave him a thorough once-over.

As she had pushed Credence away from her, the man could not help but take a step back. However, his left leg remained in its position as his body staggered backwards. He hurriedly supported himself by leaning against the snow-white wall behind him.

Dorothy's gaze followed his movements. When she lowered her head, she noticed that there were several huge holes near the knees of his trousers. Through those holes, she could see a white bandage inside.

At that moment, perhaps because the movement of his retreat was big, scarlet blood started to ooze out, staining the gauze.

She quickly ran up to him and grabbed his arms to support him out of the bathroom, "Credence, after Belle and I left, you went to follow the two cars, right? What happened after that? Don't try to hide anything from me, I want to know everything."

Credence knew better than anyone how stubborn Dorothy was.

If he did not tell her the truth, she would never trust him again.