Chapter 136 If anything gross wrong, I will take full responsibility

Benjamin held the documents regarding information of the cooperation with Juelz's I company in his hands as he walked out of the elevator.

From the glimpse of the woman he had caught out of the corner of his eye earlier, he thought that her slim figure looked incredibly familiar. He could not help but turn around and do a double take.

He unintentionally called out to her in a faint voice, "Mrs. Scott?"

Unfortunately, the elevator had closed too quickly. Before he could see the woman's face clearly, she had already vanished along with the elevator.

The next second, Benjamin shook his head as he strode towards the lounge.

How could it be her?

Ever since she was released from prison six years ago, she had disappeared without a trace. Since then, Jonathan and Marvin had never seen her again.

He had been busy with company affairs, projects, and various business deals these past few days. Perhaps due to his overtime shifts, his vision had blurred and he had seen an illusion.

After turning a corner, he saw Rosalie pacing back and forth not far from him, a gloomy look on her face. Suddenly, a feeling of irritation rose in his heart.

Rosalie could never compare to the gentle, kind, and generous Dorothy. Her prowess was only in making a show of everything and acting like a spoiled child.

He did not know what had happened to Mr. Scott after the car accident either. After he had woken up, he still remembered everything in his life, except Dorothy and the vile things Rosalie had committed.

To his consternation, Mr. Scott had even cooperated with the Fisher family and recently held a grand engagement ceremony, as though making a declaration to the world. Since then, Rosalie had been reveling in the limelight.

Benjamin walked steadily step by step towards Rosalie, who was acting strange. He asked politely,"Miss Fisher, Mr. Scott is inside, are you...goingin?"

"No, thanks!"

Rosalie turned around, calmly dishing out a reasonable reply, "I didn't see Credence downstairs, so thought about looking for him inside. Now that know that he's taking a rest inside, I'm not going inside to disturb him. He has been busy lately and lacks sleep."

Although Benjamin seriously doubted the authenticity of her words, he could not spot any loopholes in her behavior.

Therefore, he shook a large stack of documents in his hand and changed the subject, "I have a few documents and contracts that require Mr. Scott's signatures. Miss Fisher, do what you must. Excuse me!"

Rosalie nodded haughtily, moving away from the door that she had been blocking. She watched as Benjamin took out the key from his pocket and unlocked the door, a cold glint flashing in her eyes.

It was not that she did not want to go in, but that the room had specially been arranged as a lounge for Credence. Apart from him and Benjamin,no one else had the keys, not even her.

That was also the reason she failed to feel happy even after she fulfilled her wish of being engaged to Credence.

It seemed that Credence subconsciously trusted Benjamin more than her.

Credence had always kept her in the dark about many things, and she had no idea what was going through his mind at all.

Although they were in a relationship, apart from holding hands, the most he had ever done to her was kiss her cheeks and forehead, rarely her lips.

Even during their engagement ceremony, he had only brushed her lips lightly and briefly, and there was no warmth or enthusiasm in his kiss.

None of those things made sense, causing Rosalie to feel scared and uneasy. She wondered if Credence still had Dorothy in his heart.