Chapter 20 Credence, let me go

When Credence arrived at the hospital, Rosalie had just been sent to the emergency room.

The attending doctor told him, "Mr. Scott, Miss Fisher was attacked by a few thugs at the underground parking lot. Not only did she sustain a brain injury, but she is likely to become a vegetable. Also..."

Credence asked coldly, "What else?"

The doctor hesitated for a while, then gritted his teeth and said, "She was raped by those thugs. The lower part of her body is severely torn and she is suffering from internal bleeding. I'm afraid that she couldn't make it."

When Credence heard that Rosalie's life was in danger, his body trembled. His sharp gaze fell on Rosalie, who was lying motionless on the operating table.

Her face, which used to be delicate and beautiful, was now marred by dark red bloodstains. There was a centimeters-long gash on her forehead. Her lips were cracked, and there were dense teeth marks on them.

The most shocking part was the lower part of her body.

Both of her thighs, which were covered with bruises, were splayed out weakly. A large amount of blood could be seen flowing out from between her legs, drenching the white sheets in an instant.

Credence remained expressionless as he stooped down. Gradually, his gaze softened. He then grabbed a clean towel and began to carefully wipe her blood-stained face and neck, as well as her inner thighs.

When he wiped Rosalie's right hand, he was shocked to find that her nails were all broken. She was holding a butterfly-shaped diamond brooch in her palm.

It was gripped very tightly.

Credence patiently eased it out of her grip and took the brooch from her hand. At first glance, he recognized it as the only birthday present he had bought for Dorothy during their four years of marriage.

That night, he had been drunk. She had laid under him obediently and allowed him to do whatever he wanted with her.

When his desire had been satisfied, he had gifted the brooch to Dorothy on the spur of the moment.

Credence had long forgotten about this small gift. He did not expect that that gift would end up in Rosalie's hands after her sudden encounter with the thugs.

Things became very clear. There was no doubt that Rosalie's misfortune was related to Dorothy.

He suddenly recalled a night half a month ago. Rosalie was standing under the moonlight, looking beautiful as ever. She gave him a soft smile, saying, "Credence, I will give myself to you completely after we get married."

He couldn't believe that such a pure and innocent girl had been cruelly ruined by her sister!

"Dorothy Fisher, I'll kill you!" he muttered under his breath.

"Don't be afraid, Rosalie. I'll make sure she is brought to justice!"

Credence held the diamond brooch tightly in his hand. The sharp edges pierced deeply into his palm. Blood flowed down his fingers, but he seemed to have lost his sense of pain. As if feeling nothing, he walked out of the emergency room with a fierce and dangerous look in his eyes.