Chapter 23 Are you happy now?

When Credence arrived at the municipal hospital, it was raining heavily with loud thunder and lightning. At the same time, there was the anxious sound of the doctors attempting to rescue Rosalie...

"Quick, inform the blood bank to prepare Rh-negative blood bags!"

"The patient's heart rate is low! Get the oxygenator and defibrillator ready. Quick!"

As soon as Credence approached the operating room, he heard Linda crying and screaming. "Why... Why is this happening? My poor Rosie, please open your eyes and look at me. Doctors, I beg you, please save my daughter. She's still so young. She's only just turned twenty-three... My only biological daughter. Please... I don't care how much it costs as long as you can save her!"

Rosalie had gone into shock.

Besides being raped by the thugs in the parking lot, she got hit very hard in the head. She had been fighting for her life for a day and a night. Due to excessive blood loss, she might not be able to withstand it anymore. The hospital had issued several notices of critical condition.

The sound of hurried footsteps came from the empty corridor and stopped next to Linda. Credence's body shook unsteadily. He comforted Linda, "Rosalie will be fine!"

Linda cried sorrowfully. The light above her shone on her well-maintained face, which looked haggard and pale at that time.

When she looked up and spotted Credence, it was as if he was her last hope. She threw herself on him and grabbed his arm, with tears rolling down her face.

"Credence, I know you're very close to Jonathan Stanton. Please ask him to arrange the best doctors to save Rosie! Rosie is so kind and she did not offend anyone. Why is she suffering from such terrible injuries?

"Tell me, was it all Dorothy's doing? Yes, it must be her! She must be jealous of Rosie's relationship with you. She must be jealous of your love toward Rosie... Oh God, what have I done wrong? I adopted her from the orphanage and treated her as my own daughter. I've raised her for twenty-six years and this is how she repays me?"

"Dorothy, you ungrateful b*tch! You will die a terrible death for treating Rosie like this!"

Linda burst into tears and yelled hysterically. The entire empty corridor was filled with her piercing curses.

Credence slowly lowered his head and handed Linda a clean tissue paper. "Madam Arnold, don't worry. I won't let anything happen to Rosalie!"

At this moment, the doctor opened the door and walked out in a hurry. "Mr. Scott, the hospital is running out of Rh-negative blood. Miss Rosalie still needs about 400ml. What should we do?"

This blood type was extremely rare.

There were hundreds of doctors and nurses in this hospital, but none of their blood types was Rh-negative.

Even if they wanted to donate blood to Rosalie, none of them would be able to do so.

Credence's gaze turned cold. He went silent for a few seconds before asking, "How much time do we have?"

"An hour. The sooner the better!"

"Alright."

Credence nodded slightly and pushed the door open. He looked through the glass window at Rosalie, who was lying still on the operating table. He staggered and covered his face, hiding his profound facial features and the tears that suddenly emerged from the corner of his eyes.

As far as he knew, there were not many people around him who had Rh-negative blood type. Dorothy happened to be one of them.

Since Rosalie was on the verge of death because of her, it was only right that Dorothy donated her blood.