Chapter 97 Throbbing pain

That night, Dorothy did not sleep well. Perhaps it was because she was not used to sleeping on a single bed.

While she was in a daze, she had a feeling that a pair of passionate eyes were staring at her, which she could not get rid off.

At first, she had thought that lvana was watching her from outside the iron bars. However, soon, Dorothy felt that something was amiss.

It was because that gaze remained on her for a long, long time, not wavering at all.

After getting pregnant, her temper had become horrible, and she was constantly on edge.

Ever since she was Confirmed to be pregnant three months ago in Palm City, her morning sickness had quietly arrived.

Especially after she got sent into prison. She spent a big chunk of her time retching in the detention room.

It was not easy for her to finally fall asleep during nightime, but when she suddenly found herself in a difficult situation, she slowly got angry, and she thought, Who the hell is standing outside? Is that person going to let me sleep or not?"

She lost her temper and opened her eyes in an instant, "Who's there? Are you lvana?" After that, in the next second, she suddenly widened her eyes. Her breathing stopped, and herheartbeat seemed to have done the same.

She seemed to have been struck by lightning, frozen on the single bed.

She saw a man standing beside her bed. He was wearing a black shirt and black pants that matched his suit. He looked so handsome that Dorothy thought she was dreaming.

However, she soon realized that she was not
dreaming. Credence was actually beside her.

When he noticed her opening her eyes, his deep, dark gaze fell.

"Sorry, I've woken you up. He might be trying to apologize, but there was not a hint of apology on his calm face.

Dorothy could not help but think of the time when she had lived in the quest room of the villa.

It had also been late back then, but the scenario was similar, as was the conversation, He had also been bullying her in the same way.

Dorothy slowly sat up from the bed with her
elbows. She sneered with a cold expression.
Credence, since you know you would wake me up, why are you still here to disturb me?

Was he doing it on purpose?

Did he think she was still as silly as before, and that she would choose to forgive him no matter how much he had hurt her?

Her face was so tense that it held no expression.Her words were harsh and filled with sarcasm, her
tone colder than before. She had never been so resolute before.

It was as if he was not the man she loved deeply anymore. Instead, he was a stranger that she was completely unfamiliar with.

Credence could not explain what he was feeling. He feit increasingly depressed. His eyes were deep and bloodshot red. He drooped his eyes and frowned. Suppressing his anxiety, he remained silent for a moment.

He looked at Dorothy silently and attentively. A faint tenderness was buried in the depths of his eyes.

Could he tell her that he had come to see her just because he wanted to?

Even if he said so, she might not believe him.

At that moment, for the first time, Credence
regretted his actions toward Dorothy and how he had looked down on her in the past.

After pausing for a while, he shook the bag of food in his hand in front of Dorothy and said lightly, "I happened to pass by the police station after work. I haven't had dinner yet, so eat with me."