Chapter 48 The pain from her memory

The black car sped. Dorothy sat in the passenger seat. Her stomach was uncomfortable, but her pale face did not show much expression.

Credence saw her indifferent attitude, which was different from the past, and he suddenly had inexplicably strange feelings.

In the end, he just brushed her messy long hair behind her ears. He said with a cold face, "Do you feel wronged going back with me? If Juelz is sitting next to you now, I bet you would not look so cold, and might even throw yourself at him, right?"

Dorothy was taken aback by his mocking tone.

She tried her best to suppress the bitterness and pain that seeped out of her throat. She stared at the man with heavy eyes for a while and quietly smiled. "Credence, I've decided not to divorce you. As long as I am not dead, I will always occupy the title and position of Mrs. Scott. I want everyone in Talco City to know that Rosalie is the mistress who ruined my marriage. I want her to be a mistress for the rest of her life, a mistress who must be kept in the dark. I want her to be shamed forever, ridiculed and cursed! You can marry her openly only when I'm dead!"

"Don't you dare say another word!"

The anger that had been extinguished in Credence's heart was rekindled by Dorothy's words.

He held the steering wheel firmly with both hands and stepped on the brake.

With a squeal, the car came to a sudden stop at the roadside. Due to inertia, Dorothy's body jerked forward violently. Although her body was stopped by the seat belt, herforehead slammed hard against the windshield. It was so painful that she felt dizzy and almost cried out in pain.

However, Credence looked at her coldly. His eyes were so deep that she could not figure out what his true feelings were at that moment.

Dorothy turned her head and decided not to argue with him. Her abdomen had long been uncomfortable, and since she did not have the chance to go to the bathroom in a long time, her face was flushed.

She looked out of the window and saw a fast food restaurant. She took a deep breath, unbuckled her seat belt, and pushed the door, intending to rush into the restaurant.

Unexpectedly, the door was locked and could not be pushed open.

D*mn it!

Dorothy was so angry that she almost cursed. She turned her head to face Credence and said in an indifferent tone, "Please unlock the door."

The man frowned and glanced at her. His facial features sank and his thin lips lifted coldly. "Why?"

"I need to go to the bathroom."

Her abdomen felt more and more uncomfortable. Dorothy was so anxious that she blurted out those seven words instantly.

Credence curled his lips when he heard what Dorothy said, and chuckled happily in a low voice. He did not make things difficult for her anymore. His long fingers swiftly pressed a button, and with a click, the car door opened.

As soon as the door opened, Dorothy sprinted into therestaurant. Her goal was very clear.

A few minutes later, she came out from the bathroom and passed by a corner. When she turned around, she was blocked by a middle-aged woman.

The pungent smell of the woman's perfume rushed into her nose.

It was Linda. Dorothy frowned and said softly, "Mom, what a coincidence that you are here too."

"Coincidence?"

Linda snorted heavily through her nostrils and cursed in a sharp voice, "You ungrateful b*tch, do you remember I am your mother? If you don't want to give your kidney to Rosie, can you make it clear earlier? You are so disgusting for replacing yourself with a dead person before the surgery. Rosie is still in the hospital now. She received a dead person's kidney, and I don't know how long she will live... My poor Rosie, how did she offend you? B*tch, you can't wait for my Rosie to die, can you? How will you benefit from Rosie's death?"

"Mom, it will benefit me greatly!" Dorothy secretly gritted her teeth, looked up at Linda, and asked with a chuckle, "At least, no one will try to hook up with my husband every day anymore, right?"

Over the past few years, Rosalie had been like a housefly that kept flying around Credence persistently. It made Dorothy feel disgusted.

For the sake of her adopted parents, she did not say a word, but it did not mean that she did not care,
However, Linda and Caleb did not reprimand Rosalie. Instead, they encouraged her to take the title and do herbest to replace Dorothy as Mrs. Scott.

To put it bluntly, it was because Dorothy was adopted from an orphanage and was not their biological daughter, but Rosalie was.

Linda's face instantly took on a ghastly expression. She saw that more and more people crowded around them. She rolled her eyes and pointed at Dorothy's nose with a nod and a sneer. "That's enough. You've always had a sharp tongue since you were a child and you have always been unreasonable! Four years ago, you shamelessly took away the man your sister liked and four years later, you turn a blind eye to your dying sister! Dorothy, I really regret adopting you from the orphanage and raising you for twenty-six years! Not only did you not repay me, you also treat my Rosie so cruelly... Your father and I did not educate you well enough when you were young, and now you've become vicious. Since you call me Mom, I will teach you how to behave!"

After that, Linda raised her hand and two strong men in black suits suddenly rushed out of the crowd. They were Linda's bodyguards. They held onto Dorothy fiercely. One of them grabbed her shoulder, and the other pulled her hair hard, forcing her to raise her head.

Dorothy gasped and struggled, but her heart was as calm as a lake without waves. She opened her eyes wide and looked at Linda calmly. She said, "Mom, you and I know the truth. Do you really want me to expose this scandal to the public?"

"Shut up!"

Linda stood in her high heels and reached out to lift Dorothy's chin. Her sharp fingernails pierced into Dorothy's skin. Her voice was ear-piercing, "You still don't want to repent? Today, I'll teach you a good lesson on behalf of yourbiological father and mother."

She raised her right hand high in the air, targeting Dorothy's face.

Dorothy did not evade nor struggle. She stared at Linda stubbornly with a cold gaze. Her heart seemed to be stung by thorns again and again, with indescribable sadness.

She closed her eyes and waited for Linda's heavy slap on her face.

She remembered that she had a small conflict with Rosalie during the last semester of high school because of a concert ticket of a popular singer. Without a chance to defend herself, Linda slapped her across her face and her eardrums bled internally. That night, she suffered a fever. It took more than four hours for the fever to subside, and she almost became deaf.

However, the pain she anticipated did not come.

"Ah..."

Dorothy suddenly heard Linda's scream of misery. She opened her eyes in shock. When she saw the scene in front of her, she was completely stunned..

...........