Chapter 88 Do you believe me?

Outside the window of the luxury ward, Dorothy was still staring at her hands in a daze. She could not figure out how she, a woman who weighed only hundred pounds, could push Rosalie, a woman who weighed almost a hundred thirty pounds, out of the window so easily.

She had never thought of killing anyone. Never!

While Dorothy was in a daze, Caleb rushed into the ward out of nowhere and walked over angrily. He raised his arm and gave Dorothy a hard slap. His face twitched as he cursed fiercely, "Dorothy, Rosie is your sister. How could you push her down ruthlessly like that? You b*tch, how could have raised a monster like you..."

The harsh slap left Dorothy's left side of her face tingling in pain. A trace of blood was seeping out of the corner of her mouth. She could smell something burning. As the smell got more intense, her chaotic and painful brain regained clarity gradually.

"Dad, you have to believe me. I didn't mean to kill her. I've never thought about it!"

Her head seemed to have been hit many times. Her rationality finally returned to normal. She immediately realized that what had happened was not an illusion, it was not a dream and was real. Everyone witnessed her really pushing Rosalie out of the window!

She was a murderer.

When Dorothy took a look outside the window, she saw a large crowd of spectators. A man stood out amongst the crowd. It was Credence. He stared at her expressionlessly. His deep and indifferent eyes sent chills down her spine.

Dorothy did not know how Rosalie had managed to make Credence arrive at the exact moment she committed the crime.

At that moment, Dorothy's face was numb from pain while her head was buzzing. However, her vision and hearing remained very sharp.

She could see Credence dashing with his long legs towards the spot where Rosalie fell. A look of unconcealed worry was all over his perfect face.

Rosalie had been pushed down from the third floor and she had fallen straight from the first floor onto the lawn. It was about 16 meters in height. Even at such a distance, Dorothy could see Rosalie's disheveled hair and her dirty face, her body was covered in blood. She looked at the man who appeared at that moment while her eyes lit up brightly

She could even hear Rosalie's sobs. She sobbed weakly and said, "Credence, you're finally here? I'm in pain, so much pain. What did I do wrong? Why did Dorothy push me out of the window..."

"Please save me... please! I don't want to die, I don't want to become a cripple. want to marry you, I want to be your most beautiful bride!"

Dorothy's body trembled violently upon hearing her words. She covered her mouth while she quietly waited for Credence's reply with her ears wide open. She did not even notice Caleb slipping away.

She waited for a long while, until she finally heard Credence's low and deep voice. His voice was clear, while each and every one of his words could be heard.

His soft and gentle tone felt incredibly foreign. It was a tone that Dorothy had never heard before. He said, "Don't be afraid. I am here!"

Those romantic words had not been said to his wife, but to her sister, Rosalie.

Ever since they had gotten married, she had always been the mistress For a second, Dorothy felt that the sun was too dazzling. Otherwise, why would her eyes sting until she was shedding tears?

She stood quietly by the window. Then, she lowered her head and stared at the couple who were hugging each other on the lawn downstairs She did not move at all, her pale face unusually calm.

...........

Meanwhile, Credence took off his coat and put it around Rosalie. He quickly took his cell phone out and called the management of the hospital.

Soon, the hospital sent a team of doctors and nurses to attend to Rosalie, who was in critical condition, to the emergency ward for immediate treatment.

It was such a serious accident, especially when the person involved had a close relationship with Credence. The dean dared not neglect it, and personally assigned an attending physician who was the most experienced in the hospital to lead Rosalie's operation.

After Rosalie had been attended to, Credence rushed to the luxury ward with a cold face. He walked out of the elevator and dashed along the corridor at a lightning speed. When he was about to reach the ward, he met Caleb, who looked anxious. He was standing by the door.

He stopped in his tracks, "Are you sure Dorothy was the one who pushed Rosalie down?"

"Credence, this is serious. Even if I wanted to help Dorothy to cover it up, I can't. The surveillance video will clearly show that, too. Rosie was indeed pushed out of the window."

Caleb's eyes were bloodshot. He cried and blamed himself, "This is all my fault. If only knew that the two of them had such a huge conflict, then I would never have let Dory meet Rosie... It's my fault! It's all my fault!"

He had been a sly old fox for many years in the business world. He had long perfected the art of acting and lying.

Dorothy had pushed Rosalie out of the window.

The crowd had all been real witnesses. Rosalie had also made several preparations. She had spent a large sum of money to bribe the reporters to post the video, which she had secretly filmed on the internet. The more the amount of people who witnessed the incident, the more serious the matter would become. By that time, no matter how influential Credence was, he would not be able to help Dorothy.

Furthermore, she had thrown away the drug and the antidote into the sewer. All evidence had been wiped clean. Dorothy was doomed to be imprisoned. There was no escape for her!

However, facing Credence's cold gaze, Caleb gulped nervously. He could not help but light a cigarette to soothe his nerves, and took a drag.

Amidst the smoke, Credence's expression was stone cold. He looked at the surveillance video and saw Dorothy cursing angrily while smashing Linda's head with the medicine bottle. He saw Dorothy shouting loudly while dragging Rosalie to the window and then pushing her down like a crazy woman.

The scenes made Credence's dark pupils suddenly shrink. When he spoke, his voice sounded hoarse. He asked, "Have you... called the police??

"We have. We're not the one who called the police, though. The onlookers down there did."

Caleb gritted his teeth and trembled as he spoke. He was scared of Credence's cold and indifferent aura.

"Okay, I understand now. You go and check on how Rosalie is doing. Leave Dorothy to me!"

Credence closed his eyes fiercely and then opened them again. His lofty body turned around, and he walked into the luxury ward where the incident had happened.

Hearing the sound of the doorknob clicking, Dorothy turned her head and looked at the handsome man who was quietly standing at the door. She knew that he had come for Rosalie. The tiny joy in her eyes that had appeared upon seeing him slowly faded, until it was completely gone.

She stood where she was and looked up at him. Her pale face was incredibly calm and expressionless.

"Credence, I've never thought about killing Rosalie. Do you believe me?"