Chapter 155 She had no choice but to yield

she would be.

Her mind was spinning fast as she was thinking of ways to break free from this place and escape successfully.

The door had been locked multiple times with a various number of different locks, thus opening it was extremely difficult. However, if she used the bathroom's window as a starting point, there was still a chance for success.

The guest room was on the first floor. Once she leaped out through the window, she would land on the garden and lawn on the back. As long as she did not make a sound and disturb anyone, she would definitely be able to escape from this place, using the foggy nightscope to her advantage.

Once Dorothy laid out her plans, she immediately started to take action.

In the evening, when a maid brought her dinner, a plate of fruits had also been served. No one knew whether it was intentional or not, but she had left a fruit knife on the plate.

Dorothy walked over, picked up the fruit knife and rushed into the bathroom. She saw the one-meter high window that had been protected by a lock. It seemed solid, and she had no idea whether such a small knife would be able to give her the effect she needed.

However, no matter what, she had to try this way out.

When she got close, Dorothy raised the hand that was holding the knife and sliced the lock with all her strength.

A soft clicking sound could be heard.

The lock, which was only as thick as a finger, broke immediately.

She had not expected the knife to be so sharp. Dorothy tried to calm her beating heartbeat. Once she did so, she sped up her movements.

She had never been separated from her daughter for so long as she had always accompanied her to sleep every night.

If she was not by Belle's side, her daughter would definitely not be able to fall asleep and would cry.

"Belle, don't cry. I'll come back to accompany you soon."

When she saw another layer of security being broken down, she smiled happily. She tried her best to hold on to the remaining strength she had. After she broke the final lock, she was finally able to leave the place.

After throwing the dagger out, Dorothy quickly climbed up the windowsill. She gritted her teeth and decisively jumped down the window with her eyes closed.

When she landed on the ground, she was lucky enough to land on the soft grass, and she did not sustain any serious injuries. Only a layer of her skin on her elbow was peeling off and she felt a slight pain.

She had lived in the villa for four years, thus she was incredibly familiar with this place. She touched the gates in the dark, wanting to unlock it. As she was in a panic, she accidentally touched something, and a sharp alarm sounded, terrifying her so much that she suddenly screamed.

Soon, Dorothy came to her senses and realized that she had stepped on an alarm. She was annoyed at herself for slipping up and making such a huge noise. Credence and the servants would definitely wake up and it would be impossible for her to escape so successfully.

Dorothy gritted her teeth in resentment. She held the dagger tightly and turned around to run back without hesitation.

As soon as she entered the bathroom, the white lights were suddenly turned on. Credence was wearing a suit and leather shoes, staring at her without any expression, and his eyes were sharp and cold.

"Ah!"

She was so scared that she failed to hold onto the railings tightly. Thus, she fell onto the cold floor. Both she and the dagger fell at the man's feet, less than half a meter apart.