Chapter 72 Tailgate

At 5:30 a.m., Credence had not slept for 40 hours since Dorothy went missing.

He could feel the torture that he had never experienced before every second.

When Benjamin was on the phone, he was in the surveillance center of the Department of Transportation, which was about 100 meters away. When he found out that Credence was in the hospital, he rushed there with a stack of documents.

Suddenly, fast-paced footsteps could be heard in the corridor.

Benjamin was in a cold sweat. He rushed to Credence, who was sitting on a chair with his eyes closed, as fast as he could. His excitement could not be concealed, "Mr. Scott, it seems that Mrs. Scott and Juelz Sherman didn't take a plane or a car. Instead, they passed through a mountainous road on Oak Hill behind the Talco City Airport. They are moving to the adjacent Palm City now."

"Palm City!" Credence, who was leaning against the wall feebly, suddenly lifted his eyelids and spat out the two words coldly.

His heart skipped a beat and his breathing seemed to have eased a little.

His cold gaze fell on the papers in Benjamin's hand, and his thin lips formed a faint smile. "Thanks for your effort. Show it to me."

He could clearly see the routes traveled by Dorothy and Juelz, and they were labeled in a detailed way.

"Mr. Scott, I have assigned my colleagues working in the traffic bureau to track Mrs. Scott's whereabouts 24 hours a day."

Benjamin was startled when he saw Credence's exhausted face and the red veins in his eyes. The excitement on his face disappeared slowly, replaced by solemnity.

"Mr. Scott, about 15 minutes ago, we found out that Germaine received a phone call from Palm City. The call lasted for almost half an hour. But before today, Germaine had not received any phone call from Palm City. We immediately traced the number and found that it is registered under a small breakfast shop. The shop is located at the foot of Oak Hill. Hence, we are sure that the phone call was from Juelz or Mrs. Scott..."

Oak Hill was a steep mountain with an altitude of more than a thousand meters. There was a primary mountainous forest, and there were often wild animals roaming within the area.

How dare Juelz, the foolish man, bring Dorothy to trek through the primitive forest!

Jonathan clicked his tongue twice, "Credence, did you hear that? There are updates about Dorothy. You can soon embark on a heart-touching journey to look for your wife."

"If you appear in front of her with a haggard and sad look, I believe that she will feel moved and go home with you immediately."

Marvin put his hands in the pockets of his trousers and looked at the silent man who was leaning against the whitewall. There was an extremely serious expression on his tan and handsome face as he spoke, "Credence, I still have a week off. What is your plan?"

Credence remained still. His exhausted red eyes were staring at Benjamin. He could only see that Benjamin's mouth was moving. However, his mind was buzzing. He couldn't hear anything.

About a dozen seconds later, he finally came to his senses and blinked his eyes.

"Dorothy... Did you find her?"

Benjamin looked at the listless man who hadn't had a rest for two consecutive days and nights. There was a bag full of medicine for his gastroenteritis beside him. Benjamin felt sorry for him, "We have confirmed that Mrs. Scott's current location is in Palm City. However, there are no specific updates on which specific street she is on."