Chapter 74 Stop there, do not come any closer

Jonathan's gaze met Marvin's. Looking at Credence, who was being tormented by his illness but still cared about Dorothy, they let out a sigh. They walked over to hold down Credence, who was trying to get up from the sofa, and settled his sluggish body on the sofa.

It was prohibited to smoke on the plane. However, Jonathan had the urge to smoke at the moment. He had no choice but to pull out a cigarette, put it under his nose, and took a whiff of it. He felt extremely uneasy, "Credence, can you stop torturing yourself? We had contacted all the people we know in Palm City to ask for help. As soon as there's news about Dorothy, they will report to us immediately with no delay. You are not in a good health now. What if you collapse before she is found? What the hell are you doing?"

"I've never seen you care about Dorothy so much before this!"

Of course, Jonathan, who was timid, could only complain the last sentence in his heart in silence and dared not speak out the last sentence.

Marvin handed Credence a packet of anti-inflammatory drugs and a glass of plain water. He threw the four pills into Credence's mouth, and then gave him some water to drink. He said in a deep voice, "Credence, go to sleep after taking the medicine. Once we reach Palm City, we won't stop you even if you want to look for her all over the world!"

Benjamin also nodded his head with concern. "Mrs. Scott will be worried if you collapse."

The man lying on the sofa turned to his side with his eyes closed. He was clutching the unlimited credit card that was left by Dorothy in his hand tightly.

Dorothy's body temperature and breath still remained on the credit card, which was the only reason he managed to come all the way even though he was exhausted physically.

In his mind, he knew clearly that his four-year marriage was not enough for him to fall in love with that stubborn woman. However, his body and stomach were already used to her, and he could not live without her.

For the comfort of his stomach and the ultimate happiness of his body, he could try to accept her into his heart slowly.

..........

Dorothy walked out of the pharmacy slowly and stood on the street. She looked around and found a housing agency. Limping, she walked over there.

She heard hurried footsteps from her back again. She was suddenly in a panic, and she grasped the disinfectant and gauze in her hands tightly. When she turned the corner, she quickly took out the medicine bottle and slammed it onto the oncoming black shadow fiercely.

"Stop! Don't come any closer. If you do, I'll beat you to death!"

"Dory, don't hit me. It's me!"

Juelz's face and head were slapped several times. He was angry but felt hilarious at the same time, "How dare you go shopping when you're so cowardly?"

Dorothy was stunned for a moment. Her rapid breathing calmed down gradually. She frowned while looking at Juelz, who suddenly appeared with a cheeky smile. She asked,

"Juelz, why are you here? Didn't you go out with your friends? Why are you back so early?"

"Those women are not pretty. It will make me happier being here with you."

Dorothy was at a loss because of Juelz's words. Seeing that he did not get hurt because of her, Dorothy put the bottle into her bag and said with a smile, "Alright, alright. You came at the right time. Accompany me to see if there is a suitable house to rent."

"Dorothy, isn't it nice to stay in the hotel? Why do you want to rent a house?"

Juelz let out a strange shout and then nodded in understanding, "I know! You are worried that Credence would find you in Palm City, right? It's not a long-term solution to stay in a hotel. Well, don't rent the house, just buy it. Dorothy, choose the unit you like. I will buy it for you right away. I have money. It would be a shame not to spend it!"

Upon hearing the name "Credence", Dorothy's face didn't show any signs of abnormality. However, her hand that was holding the disinfectant suddenly trembled.

Only then did Juelz notice the medicine bottle and gauze in her hand, as well as the wound on Dorothy's forehead. He asked anxiously, "Dorothy, what's wrong with you? No wonder you fought me when I was following behind you. What happened? Did you get robbed or were you found by Credence's men?"

"F*ck, that beast is too f*cking efficient!" Juelz thought to himself.

"Juelz, why would Credence come to find me? You think too much. I just met a thief who stole my bag and I fell down accidentally."

As soon as Dorothy finished speaking, she let out a sigh in her heart. She felt like a failure.

She had fallen in love with Credence since she was sixteen years old, and she loved him with all her heart for ten years. However, he only brought her despair and sorrow.

She thought that she would be able to gain an equal amount of love from him if she devoted all her affection to him. Was she too naïve?

"Good, then."

Juelz patted his strong chest in relief, "Dorothy, although Credence doesn't love you, he is really capable. Who knows if he will come to Palm City on a whim? Don't rent a house. The landlord or neighbor may sell your information to him. If you really intend to stay in Palm City, then buy a house instead. Listen to me. I'm always right."

"But... I don't have enough money to buy a house." Dorothy shook her head with a wry smile.

To be honest, Juelz's words were very reasonable.

If she had her own house, as long as she bought enough daily necessities and food, she could stay at home as long as she wanted. If she kept a low profile, no one would notice that she was a divorced woman from another city.

However, her savings were too little.

After leaving Credence, her life became more and more miserable by the day. However, she didn't regret it. This was her own choice. She could only accept it.

"You don't have the money, but I do. What's mine is yours. What's yours is still yours."

Under the lamplight, Juelz stared at Dorothy and said seriously, "In your heart, I've always been an outsider, right?"

"No, you've always been my good friend, my bestie."

"That's enough. As a poor bestie who only has money, I've decided to buy you a house! Aren't you surprised and touched? Haha, I assume that you've agreed to it if you remained silent."

"Thank you, Juelz."

Dorothy suddenly raised her eyes and looked at him. Seeing the extremely sincere smile on his handsome face, her eyes reddened and she didn't say anything more.

Some people who had given her warmth should be etched in the bottom of her hearts and remembered for the rest of her life.

"Marry me if you want to thank me! I've been waiting for you with open arms..."

Dorothy smiled and kicked Juelz. "Get out!"

On the way back to the hotel, Dorothy was amused by Juelz and kept laughing, as if the heavy burden in her heart had dissipated a little bit.

No matter what, she needed to continue living, right?

After returning to the hotel, Dorothy took a bath and changed into her comfortable pajamas. She laid on the bed and fell into a good sleep. Meanwhile, the plane carrying Credence and the others was flying from Talco City to Palm City. It passed by the hotel where she lived and went all the way to the south.

She was sleeping very soundly. Hence, she didn't even notice the booming noise of the plane that passed through the sky..

...........