Chapter 135 Embarrassing

Before that tall and long-legged man could open the door and walk into the lounge, Dorothy, who was behind him, shouted anxiously, "Credence Scott!"

The moment she called out his name, only she herself knew how riotous her heart was beating, as if it was sailing in the seas, flapping against the turbulent wind.

With his phone in one hand and his other hand tucked into the pocket of his trousers, Credence turned around and looked at the beautiful woman standing not far away, his expression placid.

She was wearing a baby blue evening gown, her black and shiny hair immaculately coiffed into a delicate bun, making her look as beautiful as a painting.

There was no expression on his handsome face. Out of courtesy, he lifted his eyelids and asked flatly, "What is it?"

His clear voice was leveled, devoid of any emotions, as if he was asking a stranger who he had never seen before.

After returning to Talco City, Dorothy had imagined herself meeting him over and over again.

She had imagined him being angry at her, showing disdain towards her, and even ridiculing her and ignoring her, but she did not expect him to look at her as if he was looking at a stranger. He was expressionless throughout their entire conversation.

His calm attitude caught Dorothy off guard. She I stared at him for a long time before she slowly ambled over to him in her high heels, "After all these years, h-how have you been??

After saying that, Dorothy wanted nothing more but to bite her tongue. She felt that she had asked a stupid question which she should not have.

He had gotten engaged to Rosalie and was finally reunited with the woman he loved. Of course he was doing well!

Obviously, Credence was thinking the same thing. Not only did he think that the woman in front of him was off her rocker, he even thought that she was foolish enough to pretend that they were familiar with each other just so she could flirt with him.

He had seen a lot of women who, by relying on their good looks alone, pushed their luck to marry a rich and powerful man.

"You must have mistaken me for someone else!"

After finishing his calm speech, Credence paid no more attention to Dorothy. He whirled around, pushed open the door and walked in, slamming the door shut.

He had actually said that she had mistaken him for someone else!

He must have been pretending to not recognize her.

Dorothy's eyes widened in astonishment.

She had not expected Credence to be so apathetic and disregardful when facing her.

The words that she had practiced a million times were all stuck in her throat, rendered useless.

Taking a deep breath, she calmed herself down!

Forget it. For Belle's sake, she would not argue withhim.

"Wait, Credence, open the door. Let's make this clear. I'm Dorothy. I'm here to look for you. This is something that's really important-"

Dorothy clenched her fists and thumped hard against the wooden door.

However, no matter how hard she knocked on the door, the man inside seemed to have disappeared. He did not hear her, nor did he ever show up again.

Just as she was gnashing her teeth, the sound of high heels clanking on the ground was heard on the smooth marble floor behind her.

Before she could turn around to see who it was, her arms tightened as she was yanked to the side. Her nose knocked into the wall, pain jolting within her until she almost shed tears.