Chapter 96 The bad nature of men

Juelz was makinga fuss in the conference room, so Ivana called Benjamin.

As Credence's personal assistant, Benjamin had to answer all of his calls first before reporting them to him.

During that night, Credence hid himself in his
office. He did not allow anyone to enter.

Benjamin held his phone tightly. One side of the corridor was a French window.

The night was getting darker and darker, and it was almost half past ten.

Credence still did not have the appetite to
have dinner, which made Benjamin even more worried.

Benjamin walked forward. He was about to reach out and knock on the office door, but right at that moment, the door was pushed open from inside.

"Mr. Scott.." Benjamin responded instinctively.
He immediately reported, "lvana just called. It's about Madam."

"What about her?"

Credence's voice was a little hoarse, and he
pressed his temples with his long fingers. He
seemed tired.

When the crystal lights shone on his tired face, it made his facial features look sharper.

After puling some strings, Dorothy had not been sent to a bad prison with a difficult environment.

Instead, she was placed in a single detention room.

Everyone involved in her case were subordinates ofhis good friend Mr, Worley. Due to that, she shouldbe perfectly safe.

Benjamin looked at him uneasily and said, "Mr. Scott, nothing has happened to Madam. It's just that Juelz went to visit her. He even gave lvana lots of unreasonable requests. He wants her to clean the detention room twice a day, give her a bouquet of cherry blossoms every day, and buy her a branded bed and sheets that she's used to, as well as a refrigerator and an air conditioner and so on."

At that point, Benjamin paused for a while. He
secretly glanced at his boss. He saw the calm
expression on Credence's face, but could not read his emotions.

Benjamin silently gulped and said nervously, "Mr. Scott, I had wanted to make such arrangements for Madam too, but she has just entered that place, so it would be better for her to keep a low profile. I did not expect Juelz to take the initiative to do so."

The impression that Mrs. Scott had of Mr. Scott must have morphed into a b'stard, thanks to Juelz' Words!

"Is that so? I understand."

Credence's expressions and tone made Benjamin somewhat confused.

He could not help but speak in a low voice, "You are constantly helping her in
the dark, yet you never tell her about it. She will never understand your good intentions."

The only reply Benjamin got was the sound of a lighter and a wisp of white smoke rising from a cigarette.

His face was handsome and charming, looking as cold as frost. He frowned and continued to smoke, yet remained silent.

Benjamin continued to ask, "Th-then, when can we get her out of jail?"

After smoking a cigarette, Credence's voice was low and gentle. His words crashed into the decpest parts of Benjamin's heart.

You don't understand. She is safer inside." At least, before he learned the origin of the Mosemary drug, it would be much safer for Dorothy to stay in the police station.

Suddenly, Benjamin did not know what else he could say.

He handed over the box of fast food in
his hands, "You have gastric problems. You should eat some food.