Chapter 104 The medical report

When Dorothy woke up, she found herself lying in an empty ward. There was not a single person close to her. She only felt dizzy and weak.

She seemed to have thought of something and suddenly lifted the quilt. There was a piece of dry dark red spot on the dark blue sheets, and it made her heart sink.

The hospital's disinfectant had a strong pungent smell, which filled her every nerve. Her face was pale and her heart was thumping wildly.

She quickly reached her hand out to touch her slightly protruding abdomen. Her entire body trembled slightly.

Her baby...She must not let anything happen to her baby!

Shortly after she woke up, a doctor came to the ward. The doctor looked at her and carefully told her, "You fainted due to excessive mourning. After we examined you, we found out that you have a slight onset of depression. Fortunately, the baby in your belly is safe for the time being."

"However, you must remember to be more careful in the future. Do not keep your unhappy thoughts to yourself. You must maintain a good mood at all times. Also, you have to remember that you have to rest on a bed for a month."

Dorothy could not explain herself. She could only nod her head. She heaved a sigh of relief. Fortunately, her child was still alive...

Once she rested, she did so in the hospital for four consecutive days.

Occasionally, Ivana would come over to visit her. Ivana could tell that she seemed to have suffered a serious blow.

Dorothy looked bored and upset. She rarely spoke at all, and she only ever stared at the white ceiling.

Ivana was a woman too, so she sympathized with Dorothy's suffering.

She could not bear to send her back to the detention room, so she asked the doctor to give her a severe sick leave. With that, Dorothy could stay in the hospital for twenty days.

During this period, for some unknown reason, Credence's company stopped all attacks against Caleb's company, and he started to invest in them again.

What was even more shocking was that Credence announced that he had ended his four- year marriage, and that he was single again.

Dorothy lied to herself and told herself that he must have been under pressure from his shareholders.

She thought he was just trying to stabilize the Scott Group's stock prices, which was why he had publicly announced the news of their divorce.

However, when she heard the news with her own ears, her heart, which she had thought was completely barren, ached badly.

It was if her heart had been stabbed by a knife. She was in so much pain that she wanted to die at once.

Juelz pushed the door open and entered. His eyes fell on Dorothy, who was leaning on the headboard of the hospital bed with her face pale and eyes glazed over.

He realized that the news of her divorce with Credence was true. He felt resentful on her behalf, but he was also happy that he could pursue her properly.

"Dory, take a look. Guess what I've brought for you this time?" Dorothy snapped out of her daze and saw Juelz standing in front of her in good condition.

He had a gentle smile on his still handsome face. Her heart warmed, and she asked with a smile, "What is it?"

"It's your favorite soup from Wulnova Restaurant. lined up there early in the morning and waited for almost two hours. Who knew that our customers were limited to two orders only. We couldn't buy more even if we wanted to. I was furious."