Chapter 43 Investigate immediately

Upon hearing this, Rosalie's face was deathly pale. The tips of her fingers trembled slightly as she clenched her fist. Her fingernails pierced into her tender palm as she tightened her fist.

The sharp pain pulled her back to her senses. She was extremely depressed, but she still raised her pale face to Credence and said in a gentle and sensible way, "Credence, it does not matter. I believe you must have your reasons for this."

Credence was slightly surprised at how considerate Rosalie was.

Stunned, he looked at her apologetically. "Dorothy just passed away. I'm not in the mood for the time being."

As if something had blocked his throat, his voice sounded a little dull and hoarse.

"I understand. I don't blame you. If you had not suggested it just now, I would have suggested it."

Rosalie nodded her head in understanding. With a disconcerted expression on her face, she grabbed Credence's large hand. She gently tugged at it and slowly pressed his cold palm against her face. She spoke in a low voice, "Credence, what exactly happened to Dorothy?"

"After transplanting her kidney to you, the doctor found out that she had uterus cancer. As a result, when they were removing her uterus, she had a major hemorrhage... which led to her accidental death."

Credence's eyelids drooped as he stood silently by the bed. He wanted to smoke a cigarette to relieve the irritation that was seeping into his blood and bones.

If he had known that such a tragic accident would happenduring Dorothy's kidney donation, he might have chosen to let Rosalie wait for the resources of the global organ bank.

Before this, he was annoyed with Dorothy, and occasionally had thought of making her disappear completely. But they were all ridiculous ideas that passed through his mind in a flash, and he had never thought of taking any actions.

But when Dorothy had really died in an accident, he did not feel relieved, nor did he feel happy or joyful.

Since when did his hatred for her change?

Probably, it started the moment she emphasized she would divorce him as soon as possible when she lost her baby.

Credence withdrew his hand from Rosalie's face, turned around, and walked to the window. He lowered his eyes and smiled bitterly. He felt bitter from his throat all the way to the bottom of his heart.

"Credence, where is Dorothy now? I want to see her for the last time. I owe her a thank you."

Rosalie lay on the bed. She looked at Credence, who was silent, and a wave of panic spread from her brain to every inch of her nerves. She gritted her teeth and said something against her will.

Could it be that he suspected that Dorothy's accidental death had something to do with her?

No.

It was impossible.

She called that person, and all the steps in the whole plan were carried out perfectly. It was impossible for any mistakes to happen.

Also, as Dorothy was the woman that Credence hated the most, why did he look unhappy now that she was dead?

Could it be that... he had really fallen in love with Dorothy?

At that moment, Rosalie was so angry that she was about to go crazy. She used all her strength to suppress her jealousy.

"There's no need. You should rest since you just had an operation. I'll go check on her."

As soon as Credence finished speaking, the door was slammed shut with a heavy thud.