Chapter 102 Resentment

In the detention room with limited space.

After Dorothy had attacked Rosalie, she was in a good mood. She was cleaning herself in the bathroom. She brushed her teeth with one hand and placed her hand on her belly as she was now four-months pregnant. She smiled and hummed a gentle lullaby.

She had endured her resentment for so many years, and to let it all out like a surging wave in one night felt awesome. It was an awesome feeling, and it tasted better than delicious food.

She remembered that every time Rosalie suffered at little grievance, she would act weak and complain to Credence about it. Credence would definitely come and see her in order to seek justice for Rosalie. He would either be here by night or the next day.

That man had been her husband for four years, yet he took care of Rosalie more attentively than he ever did for her.

The oval mirror above the basin clearly reflected Dorothy's pale little face.

Dorothy stared at her eyes in the mirror. They looked as calm as still water, not showing how she felt inside.

Over the years, she should have gotten used to Credence's unconditional affection for Rosalie, but whenever she remembered that she, as his wife, I was treated worse than other women, she still could not help but grieve.

If only Credence had given her a little more warmth and trust, then she would not have said that the child in her womb was Juelz's.

In the end, it was because Credence had disappointed her too much, too much so that her heart was completely barren of hope.

Outside, the iron door made a creaking sound, interrupting Dorothy's sad thoughts.

She raised her head to look at herself in the mirror. Only then did she realize that her face was drenched in tears. Tears started to fall down her face without her noticing.

It was so late, so it had to be Credence visiting.
He had not appeared in front of her for nearly one month, but for Rosalie's sake, he was willing to come here in the middle of the night. He must have felt sad for Rosalie.

Dorothy calmed herself down and picked up a clean towel to wipe away the tears on her face. Then, she turned around and walked out calmly.

When she realized that the handsome man standing at the door was not Credence but Benjamin, Dorothy was somewhat disappointed. She quietly walked toward Benjamin and asked politely, "It's so late already. Is there anything you need to talk to me about, Mr. Scott?"

Benjamin looked at the calm and elegant Dorothy. Although she was living in a bad environment, she still looked so beautiful and charming. He suddenly had an impulse to not take out the divorce certificate and give it to her.

"Mrs. Scott, it's nothing important. It was Mr. Scott who asked me to visit you."

Dorothy glanced at the small alarm clock placed beside her bed. It was almost ten-forty at night.

Why would Credence specially request Benjamin to come see her in the police station at this hour?

Moreover, when he said that he was visiting, she had noticed a long time ago that Benjamin had come empty-handed, not bringing anything.

The lack of manners was so unlike the slick assistant that she knew.

Dorothy smiled, but she did not expose him. She. said softly, "Benjamin, it is almost time for me to sleep. If you have anything important to say, just say it."

When Benjamin heard this, he understood that Dorothy must have seen through his excuse. In his heart, he admired her sharpness, but he also felt ashamed of what he was going to do next.