Chapter 56 Are you satisfied?

The orange light in the large guest room created a warm atmosphere.

Credence laid on the bed with Dorothy's soft body in his arms and fell into a deep sleep.

All of a sudden, a sharp ringtone from his mobile phone rang in the quiet space, waking Dorothy and Credence.

She was so startled that her long eyelashes trembled. The next second, she felt the man next to her groping for the phone on the bedside table. His voice was hoarse and gloomy as he had just woken up.

"It's me. What's the matter?"

"Credence... Ros-Rosie committed suicide... by slitting her wrist."

Linda's piercing voice sounded in Dorothy's ears in the quiet room. Dorothy's eyes widened in surprise in an instant.

Rosalie had committed suicide?

Credence had already gotten out of bed and put on a black coat. Under the lamplight, his handsome facial features revealed a trace of tiredness and depression.

He coldly glanced at Dorothy for a few seconds as she stared back at him blankly. His cold thin lips gently curved into a cruel arc. "Rosalie committed suicide by slitting her wrist in the ward. Are you satisfied?"

Did he mean that he blamed her for Rosalie's suicide?

Dorothy got up from the edge of the bed with both hands and quietly gazed at Credence, who was frowning. His beautiful double eyelids made his deep cold eyes seem even more protective of his true emotions.

She wanted to read his mind through his eyes and see if there was a place for her in his heart. Just moments ago, he had gently held her in his arms and they slept on the same bed. But, at that moment, he coldly blamed her for Rosalie's suicide.

She was actually starting to be a little hopeful, but his ruthless accusation tore her hopes to pieces. She was disheartened.

Dorothy looked at the man who had already walked to the door, and she felt as if her heart had been hollowed out. She choked out, "Credence, do you think I forced Rosalie to commit suicide? We have been married for four years and we have spent more than a thousand days together. Don't you know what kind of person I am? Don't you know me at all?"

"I've once been sincere to you. Can't you give me a fair treatment?"

"I did not wrong you. I really did not push Sheldon off the balcony. Everything that happened to Rosalie had nothing to do with me... I don't know why she wanted to commit suicide, but I really did not do anything to force her. Why don't you believe me? Why have you never believed me?"

Credence looked at her pale face. Her eyes were dull and lifeless, and she stared at him with no expression. It seemed like she was different now than before.

His heart tightened, and he frowned while gazing at Dorothy. "Who else could it be? Is it a play that Rosalie directed and acted by herself? She was someone who was afraid of injections and medicine. Just to frame you, not only did she rupture her own kidneys, but she was also insulted by a group of hooligans in the parking lot."

"Dorothy, Rosalie was anxious because Germaine posted and distributed the photos on the Internet. Tonight, because a group of unscrupulous reporters rushed into her ward and verbally assaulted her, she suffered a mental breakdown and attempted suicide. Now, she is lying on the operating table fighting for her life and is in a critical condition. How could you say such a thing? Are you even human?"

After that, Credence pulled the door open with one hand and left without a second thought.

"Credence, so what if Rosalie attempted suicide? Your worries are just superfluous. She has not reached her goal of getting you yet. How would she willingly die so easily?"

From the open window, Dorothy watched as he quickly got into his car and headed in the direction of the hospital. She smiled softly as her eyes gradually welled up with tears. They dripped down, one after another.

It was so painful and disappointing to love a man who did not love her.

Her heart seemed to be floating in the air, always anxious and insecure. He gave her disappointment and then a little hope, and then he immediately disappointed her again. He tortured her over and over again, and there was no end to it!

Dorothy slowly closed her eyes and curled up in pain. Even if she wrapped herself tightly with the blankets on the bed to keep her warm, she would still feel cold. She could not find warmth anywhere.

She fell into a hazy sleep, with tears staining her face..

When she woke up the next day, she was downhearted and weak. Following Maria's persuasion, she ate half a bowl of porridge, and her strength was slightly restored.

After breakfast, her mobile phone rang.

Dorothy glanced at the caller ID and was surprised to see that it was Rosalie who was calling. She paused for a while before recovering from the shock and answered, "Hello?"

On the other end of the line, Rosalie's soft but breathless voice could be heard. "Ahem... Dorothy, don't worry about me. I'm fine, thanks to Credence who came in time last night! He rushed into the operating theatre, ignoring the risk of infection, and he held my hand to encourage me!"

Before Dorothy could reply, Rosalie whispered coquettishly on the other end of the line, "Credence, don't get up. You can sleep for a while longer. You were so tired last night, and I feel heartbroken when I see you like this. I'm sure my sister would feel even more heartbroken..."

The strong sense of romance between the two of them could almost be felt from the phone screen.

Dorothy could not stand to listen anymore. She hung up the phone with a pale face and walked out of the villa like a robot. She walked along the small path with a heavy heart and wandered around aimlessly.

Her chest felt as if it had been severely hit by a huge hammer, and the pain was so great that she could not even breathe.

The previous night, Credence did not only accompany Rosalie during her operation, but also accompanied her to sleep. Hence, Rosalie called her early in the morning to show off.

"Credence, how dare you brazenly hook up with Rosalie. Who do you take me for?"

Without realizing it, Dorothy had walked to another villa,which used to be the mansion of the Scott family. Since the accident of Credence's father, he had angrily dismissed all the servants and sealed the villa.

The villa, which had been deserted for two years, was empty and desolate, void of any signs of life.

She stared at the balcony on the top floor where Sheldon had the accident. Dorothy recalled Sheldon's birthday two years ago. Credence specially asked her, over the phone, to send the carefully prepared birthday gift to his father.

Because the two mansions were relatively close to each other, it took only about 20 minutes to walk there. Therefore, Dorothy did not drive. Instead, she took Maria and walked there slowly with the gift.

Everything was fine when she first entered the mansion.

But when she handed the gift to Sheldon on that balcony, he suddenly fell backward. Unfortunately, he fell onto the concrete pavement and ended up in a vegetative state.

From the vantage point downstairs, it seemed like she had pushed Credence's father off the balcony.

That was also the reason why all the servants accused her of being a murderer at that time.

When she thought of Sheldon, who had always been kind to her, Dorothy sighed slightly and looked away from the balcony. As soon as she turned around, she saw a woman with a hostile look in her eyes. She froze on the spot..

...........