Chapter 30 A painful kiss

On the other hand, after scenting the strong alcohol smell coming from Dorothy, Juelz shook his head helplessly. He then brought her to a hotel not far away from the hospital.

Dorothy was so drunk that her head was in the clouds. Lying on the bed, she squinted her eyes and was in a half-conscious state.

"Dory!"

Juelz came out of the bathroom after he took a quick shower. He walked to the bedside and touched her face. Only then did he realize that there was something wrong with her.

Her face was no longer pale. Instead, her cheeks were flushed with a crimson red. Besides, she was breathing heavily.

"D*mn it. How could that a*shole let you drink so much?"

Dorothy nodded subconsciously.

Juelz's face darkened instantly. He picked her up and walked into the bathroom. "Take a shower first."

He knew that she was a clean freak. If she did not bathe, she would not be able to fall asleep throughout the night.

"No! I want to drink water."

After taking merely a few steps, Dorothy asked for iced water.

Not only she just had a miscarriage, but Credence had forced her to donate blood. Hence, there was no way Juelz would allow her to have iced drinks.

However, Dorothy kept weeping but she refused to tell Juelz what was wrong.

Juelz finally gave in. He put her down on the sofa and poured her a glass of warm water. Then, he added some room-temperature water, telling her it was iced water.

Dorothy finished the water in one gulp. After having her thirst quenched, she looked up at Juelz with a bright smile.

There was a sheen of moisture on her soft lips, making her look exceptionally beautiful and charming. Juelz's Adam's apple moved. There was a burning desire in his heart.

"Do you want more water?"

Dorothy replied by shaking her head.

Seeing how obedient she was, Juelz could not help himself. He sat down next to her and grabbed a tissue to wipe some water droplets away from the corner of her mouth.

Dorothy did not move at all and allowed him to wipe her mouth.

"Dory, you're so beautiful!"

Juelz was a little excited and dazed at the same time.

Ever since she married Credence, he did not have the chance to be this close to her. Also, he was not able to take care of her to his heart's content.

She was a woman whom he had known for more than ten years. He only dared to kiss her in his dreams. He couldn't help feeling that she had gotten more beautiful and feminine.

However, all her goodness only belonged to Credence. They never belonged to Juelz, even for one second!

Her choice was also his heart-wrenching regret.