Chapter 134

After getting out of the car and walking to the door of the hotel, Dorothy trembled slightly as she held Juelz's arms while moving forward, not knowing whether it was due to her anxiety or something else.

She was about to face Credence, the man she had not met for six years. For some reason, she was a little jittery and flustered.

She wondered what attitude he would show herwhen they would meet once more.

Would he show disgust, indifference, or be dismissive? Maybe he would not even shoot a cursory glance at her.

Juelz noticed Dorothy's trembling body and turned around. He saw that although she had put on light makeup, her cheeks were paling at a visible speed.

He stopped short and took her into his arms. Frowning, he asked anxiously, "Dory, what's wrong. with you? Are you not feeling well? It's okay, hang in there for a while. Let me send you to the hospital right away."

Even though he had said so, in Juelz's mind, he had a feeling that her uncomfortable expression was due to Credence.

No matter how long of a time had passed, Credence was like a thorn in the deepest parts of Dorothy's heart that could never be plucked out. He could easily sway her emotions, and could control her happiness, sadness, and even laughter.

That blockhead of a man would always have a place in Dorothy's heart, and it was something that he could only feel envious of.

"I'm fine, just feeling a little dizzy. I'll feel better after catching some air outside for a little while."

Dorothy gently pushed Juelz away and broke away from his warm embrace. She shook her head and

denied his request of sending her to a hospital. She was healthy, but her nerves had turned on her at that moment.

Hearing her, Juelz took a few deep breaths and swallowed the bitterness in his throat. He took Dorothy's hand and gently led her into the well-lit living room, choosing a relatively remote position.

Meticulously, he eyed her, "Dory, are you worried that Credence won't agree to donating his bone marrow to Belle? Relax. Since I'm around, I will definitely help you solve that problem."

"Don't give yourself too much pressure and burden yourself. I'll handle this!"

His handsome face enlarged in her vision as he got closer to her. Dorothy raised her head and looked at him in a daze. His face was reflected in her pupils, and she saw the deep worry and concern in his eyes. She could not help but reach out to touch his stubbled chin. Concealing the gratitude in her heart, she muttered, "Juelz, I'm a divorcee, a single mother. I am not worthy of your kindness!"

"But I've already made up my mind to be with you,

so what else can I do about that?"

Being touched by her white and tender hands, Juelz shrugged his shoulders. He grabbed her hand that had been stroking his chin and covered it with his own hands.

He stared at her and beamed, "Dory, don't push me away just yet before you haven't married someone, okay? I won't force you to marry me. As long as I'm sure that you can live happily for a long time to come, perhaps I'll finally let go of you. And perhaps I will try to find a girl don't dislike and get into a relationship."

Dorothy was so moved by his words to the point of tears. Ever so slowly, she closed her eyes, blinked her tears away, and opened them again. She took a deep breath and stared at him with a smile, "Okay, I promise you!"

Before her eyes was the Juelz who had only ever thought about her. She could not refuse him at all, nor could she bring herself to do so!

She thought she should let fate take the wheels.

After receiving her affirmation, Juelz immediately broke into a grin. The thirty-year-old man smiled happily like a child who had just got a candy treat. Wrapping his hand around Dorothy's soft waist, he pulled her into a dance, waltzing gracefully.

He had a spot rooted in Dory's heart, but she just had not fallen in love with him yet.

All was well, for he would try harder. With still many more days to come, she would fall in love with him eventually!

Even before the music ended, Dorothy was rendered dizzy due to Juelz's twirls. She immediately freed one of her hands away to gently pat his sturdy shoulder, "Juelz, stop spinning. I'm dizzy. Let me go."

Seeing how ragged her breathing was, Juelz put an end to their waltz. He walked her to a comfortable seat to take a rest.

After that, he brought a large platter of delicious fruits and snacks.

He stuffed it into her hands and said, "Dory, these are all your favorites. You're too skinny, so thin like a rake that it makes me feel so sorry for you. Come on, eat more."

With a faint 'all right', Dorothy accepted the plate and took some small bites. As she nibbled away, she calmly asked, "It's been so long but Credence hasn't appeared yet. Is he going to attend the banquet or not? Also, will Rosalie tag along with him?

"If everything goes according to plan, the two of them will come."

"Okay."

Dorothy's hands, which were holding a fork skewered with a fruit on it, paused midair. The small and delicate silver fork fell into the porcelain bowl, emitting a crisp and melodious sound.

Credence and Rosalie had just arrived together. They seemed to have a really good relationship, just as the rumors went.

She had long realized that Credence had only ever loved Rosalie, so it had only been a matter of time before Rosalie got engaged to him.

However, when she witnessed the two of them walking side by side, emerging from the entrance, Dorothy felt as if her eyes had been stung. Her body stiffened at first, but soon after, an unavoidable shiver followed.

Credence was still as handsome as ever, and

Rosalie was smiling sweetly. The two of them were holding hands, their fingers intertwined. A lovely aura of affection emanated from them.

Behind them were a few men. Even after so many years, Dorothy was still able to recognize them at once.

The man on the left was Benjamin, ever the
gentleman. The one in the middle was Jonathan with a devilish smile on his face. The one on the right was Marvin, looking solemn. Each of them bore a unique style.

They had not changed much, ever the handsome men that they had been.

However, Credence was still the only man in Dorothy's heart. Her gaze was fixed on the tall and straight-backed man who had a black beard ringing his jaw.

Clad in a black suit and coupled with a cold expression on his face, he stepped on the red carpet, expressionless. Under the attention of thousands of people, he walked into the banquet hall. His aura was so commanding that no one could ever miss his presence.

It had been six years since she last met Credence face-to-face. Dorothy immediately tensed herself.

At first, she had sworn to herself that she would never have anything to do with him again, but no one could predict the future. Man proposes, God disposes. Ever since Belle had been afflicted with leukemia, she had no choice but to come back and
cross paths with him once again.

Dorothy lowered her eyes and forced herself to ignore the bitter sorrow in her heart. Portraying a textbook generous smile, she accompanied Juelz as they walked, but her eyes were still trailing after Credence.

She watched as Credence gently released his right arm from Rosalie's waist. After that, with a stoic expression on his face, he walked to the lounge on the second floor alone.

It was such a good opportunity that she could not let pass.

She could not be bothered to inform Juelz. Dorothy took two steps back, and before anyone could notice her, she turned around and followed him without a sound.

..............