Chapter 144 The next step

Dorothy reluctantly smiled as she nodded to the man in the driver's seat of the Bentley, "Hello, Mr. Sherman."

When faced with this malicious man with sinister intentions, her heart felt uneasy.

"Where are you going? Let me give you a ride."

"Thank you, but there's no need for that."

Out of the corner of his eye, Dorothy saw a taxi coming over. She immediately rejected his offer, turned around and ran towards the taxi next to him.

Unexpectedly, Jeremy jumped out of the car and blocked her way. He wore a pair of black trousers, and his expression was cold and sharp. He let out an icy laugh and commented, "Miss Fisher, no one in Talco City dares refuse me."

Not only was this man rude, but he was also arrogant. He did not look like a man who would go soft on anyone at all.

Dorothy failed to have a good impression of Jeremy. She did not want to provoke him, nor did "The two of them had children who were studying in that kindergarten too. After gave them some benefits, they promised to help. I proposed a plan, and the two of them would first bully Belle, then when Belle started crying, they would give her chicken drumsticks and ice cream, After she ate them, Belle really contracted a fever and fainted, and she got sent to the hospital to receive treatment."

"Rosalie, the diagnosis book in your hand is a back- up that my colleagues sent me. She asked me to go get it, so it must be accurate."

Rosalie pondered for a while, then glanced at the documents in her hand. "You are saying that Dorothy's sudden return to Talco City has something to do with Belle's health condition, right?"

"I'm not a hundred percent sure, but it must have something to do with Belle's leukemia."

Facing the calm and expressionless Rosalie, Yvonne felt so nervous that she broke out into a cold sweat.

When she was handling Belle's affairs, she had Jeremy was constantly observing her. His gaze held an inch of malice. Although there was no trace of obscenity, it still made her quite uncomfortable.

Dorothy failed to comprehend as to why out of all the handsome men in this world, Germaine liked this intimidating and weird guy? Did she like toxic men?

Back in the private room, she had listened in on the conversation between Juelz and Jeremy. She clearly knew that Juelz and Germaine were no match for him at all.

He had been able to silently take away all the Sherman family's businesses right under Gordan's nose, so he must be a skillful and patient man.

For a moment, she could not understand why he was here. Dorothy remembered that her precious daughter was still waiting for her in the hospital. In the end, she couldn't retain her composure, and asked impatiently, "Mr. Sherman, is there any reason you are looking for me?"

Jeremy raised an eyebrow as he sneered, "Would you be so impatient if Credence was the one standing in front of you? Don't worry, will never force a woman to do anything she doesn't want to do."

His words sounded unpleasant and harsh. Dorothy's face immediately fell as she retorted coldly, "If you just want to talk about nonsense with me, I think that there is no need for us to continue this conversation."

Jeremy stared at Dorothy for a long time, and the expression on his face was strange. Suddenly, he remarked, "Credence had a car accident and lost his memory in it. He has completely forgotten about you. Don't you want to know who he had offended?"

"What do you mean by that?"

Dorothy was shocked, but she felt the most flustered.

"It's exactly what it sounds like."