Chapter 90 It won't hurt if you stop loving

Four black police cars were parked at the entrance of the hospital. The red siren lights of the police car were flashing constantly, along with sharp blaring sounds. The whole scene made people feel panicked and in awe.

At some point, the sky had begun to light up. The morning sun shone brightly above the hospital, but it could not warm Dorothy's cold and devastated heart.

Standing in front of her were Linda and Caleb who had rushed over after hearing the news. They looked at Dorothy, who was being handcuffed and pushed forward by the police. They gave each other a look filled with ecstasy and happiness. However, it disappeared in an instant, as they quickly covered it up and faked a painful expression.

Linda, in particular, was bandaged with a layer of gauze on top of her head which made her look very comical as she pretended to be close to sobbing "Dorothy, you...you, what else can I say to you?"

Linda stammered for a long time, but she could not say anything coherent. In the end, she touched the gauze on her head and forced some tears out of her bloodshot eyes, "You suddenly got mad and attacked me with that medicine bottle. I don't blame you for that. It's because I didn't teach you well, and that's why you committed the crime of murder. Don't worry, I will find you a good lawyer to reduce your sentence as much as possible."

Caleb nodded and agreed, "Yes, that's right! You can go with the police now and be rest assured. We are family. Although you acted violently towards your mother and sister, we will never let you be sentenced to death. There must be another way. Even if we are not competent enough, we still have Credence's help. At most, you will be sentenced to jail for a few years. After that, you will be out safely."

Dorothy listened to her foster parents' fake speech. They obviously wanted her to die as soon as possible, but they were saying such hypocritical les one after another.

They had clearly wanted to kick her out of the Fisher family the moment Rosalie was born. However, for the sake of the Fisher family's reputation, they could only allow her to stay. In turn, they had beaten and scolded her every day. They had always wanted her to die. Now, they were) actually claiming to find the best lawyer for her. Did they really think she was a fool that they could trick?

"Dad, Mom, thanks a lot!"

Dorothy smiled sarcastically. When she had previously been naïve and young, she would always feel some pain in her heart whenever she heard their poison-laced niceties. At that moment, she no longer felt that way. She could not feel pain anymore.

After that, she slowly looked away from Linda and Caleb and instead towards Rosalie, who was approaching her in a wheelchair while being pushed by a nurse.

Rosalie's face was ghastly pale as she sat on the wheelchair weakly. She smiled warmly at Dorothy's cold gaze and said, "Dorothy, I believe that you really weren't trying to push me down. You were just in a bad mood and acted rashly. We're sisters. I can't just stand by and watch you go to jail."

"Dorothy, rest assured that will help to clear your name, will also explain to the police and the judge. believe they will certainly decide on a light sentence."

Dorothy looked at her pretentious and b*tchy sister who was saying sweet words to her in public. She was wearing Credence's black coat while wiping away her fake tears with a white handkerchief, which also belonged to Credence.

Was Rosalie showing off in front of her?

For some unknown reason, Dorothy found it both ironic and funny.

"Rosalie, I've become a murderer. Isn't this all part of your plan?"

"You have always been eyeing my husband every day for the past four years. You've always wished that was dead. Now, you're saying that you will help to clear my name. You won't even believe your own words, would you?"

"Dorothy, am really such a despicable person in your heart?"

Rosalie sobbed in a low voice and she could not stop trembling, as if she had been greatly wronged "Dorothy, Rosalie is doing this for your own good. How can you say that about your sister?"

Linda glared at Dorothy viciously before running over to Rosalie's side. She reached out and gently patted her daughter's trembling

shoulders, "Rosie... Rosie, it's alright now. It's all in the past. Those who harm others will eventually be punished."

Although she had long been accustomed to Linda's discrimination, when she saw Linda's motherly behavior in front of Rosalie, Dorothy's heart cracked as if a knife had pierced through it.

Whether it came to the Fisher family or Credence she had always been the extra one.

No one really loved her! No one ever truly cared about her!

"Go in!"

Seeing Dorothy in a daze, the two policemen behind Dorothy suddenly shouted sternly.

"Alright."

After coming back to her senses, Dorothy did not continue to look at her pretentious family anymore. She calmly leaned on her seat and stared at the scenery outside the window. She was surprised to see Credence's deep and complicated dark eyes by the window on the third floor.

His face and his eyes which Dorothy had fantasized about many times, were in front of her.

Every time, he would look at her and smile sweetly in her dreams, as if she was the apple of his eye.

No matter how warm she felt in her dream,
whenever she snapped back to reality, she would be destroyed by his ruthlessness and indifference.

He did not love her. He had never loved her at all!

All of her suffering had been due to him.

Just as she thought she had hit her absolute limit, his appearance gave her another heavy blow. It caused her to give up her love for him completely.

Loving him had brought her too much pain: Loving him was the biggest mistake she had ever made!

if so, she wouldn't love him anymore!

She would not be in pain if she stopped loving him!

Dorothy let out a long sigh. She quickly blinked her teary eyes and swept her gaze across Credence's face.

..........

By the window of the luxury ward on the third floor, Credence stared at the police car as it sped past. It disappeared at the corner of the streets, along with the calm woman.

He frowned and took his phone out to call Marvin, who was in the woods, "Marvin, you've been dealing with all kinds of forbidden drugs in the army. Are there any drugs that can make a person suddenly go crazy and quickly regain his sanity again?"

On the other end, Marvin was probably on a mission, Although the call was connected, he did not answer it in time.

Just as Credence was getting impatient,
Marvin finally spoke in a low voice after a long time, "Credence, as far as I know, there is a type of banned drug called Mosemary. A dose of one milliliter is enough to make ten elephants go crazy and kill each other, but only a few people have control of this drug. It can't be found anywhere in the market. What happened?"

"Nothing. I can handle it."

After getting hold of the information he wanted, Credence quickly disconnected the call while he stared at the screen. He narrowed his eyes, in deep thought about what Marvin had just said earlier.

Dorothy had likely pushed Rosalie out of the window by accident under the influence of the Mosemary drug. So, she was then accused of intentional murder.

However, with the Fisher family and its wealth of only a hundred million, it was impossible for them to have access to such a banned drug.

Who was secretly helping the Fisher family?

After a long period of silence, Credence slowly came to his senses. He looked up and stared coldly at the emergency room building outside the window where Rosalie's operation was going on. A cold glint flashed across his cold eyes.

............