Chapter 28 Being kind by putting out fire for you

Credence kept drinking. Under the dim light in the room, his handsome face could not be seen clearly, let alone any emotions on it.

He held the glass of red wine tightly, but his expression was indifferent.

The man, Bob Walker, noticed that Credence had no intentions of helping Dorothy. He licked his lips and continued to flirt with her. "Dorothy, your figure is perfect. I like it. Well, as long as you take off your dress and let us enjoy the view, we will fulfill whatever request you make!"

Her request was for Credence to agree to a divorce. Could these men be able to help her? Impossible.

Dorothy ignored their laughter and fixed her eyes on Credence, who was still sipping his wine.

Since he had entered the room, he had been drinking wine, as if he had nothing to do with everything that was happening.

Dorothy laughed coldly from the bottom of her heart. She retracted her gaze and said in an even softer voice, "My pleasure, Mr. Walker."

After that, she moved her fingers slowly to the hem of her blue dress.

She secretly took a glance at Credence. When she discovered that he had no intention to stop her from taking off her dress, an inexplicable irritation arose in her heart. She curled her lips into a sneer, and then, she suddenly lifted her dress...

A pair of fair, straight legs were about to be revealed in front of everyone's eyes without any obstruction...

At this time, a crimson arc suddenly crossed Dorothy's eyes in a swift movement.

It caught everyone's attention.

As it turned out, Credence had smashed his wine glass against Bob's crotch. It was a body part that all men considered to be more important than their lives.

Bob grimaced in pain after being smashed by the sharp wine glass.

"D*mn it... Who f*cking did it?"

Bob sat furthest away from Credence's seat. Having his attention all focused on Dorothy, he did not see which direction the wine glass was thrown from.

"It's me."

Credence replied to him coldly and stood up from his seat with a calm face. He placed one hand into his pants pocket and inserted a cigarette between his lips with another. Then, he slowly puffed out a big ring of smoke before saying with a bone-chilling low voice, "You're on fire, Mr. Walker. I was just being kind by putting out a fire for you."

"F*ck, is this how one puts out the fire?" Bob cursed inwardly.

However, no one in Talco City dared trifle with Credence. Although Bob was enraged, he could not say anything. He smiled apologetically and said, "Yes, yes. You're right, Mr. Scott. I'm very grateful for your help. Thank you so much!"

While Bob was speaking, he lowered his gaze and tried to remove the wine glass from his crotch.

He had never felt that the wine glass carried any weight. However, when it was pressing on his crotch, it somehow felt heavier than a mountain. If he let it stay there for any longer, his 'lifetime happiness' would be destroyed.

"Mr. Walker, you'd better sit still. If you remove the wine glass, Walker Group might go bankrupt tomorrow."

Credence tilted his head slightly and glanced at Bob who had just asked Dorothy to take off her dress. His eyes narrowed.

and a sharp, cold light flashed across them. "I was wrong, Mr. Scott. I should not have made such a dirty joke with Miss Dorothy."

Bob was so frightened that his forehead broke into a cold sweat. He could sense there was something going on between Credence and Dorothy. With a pale face, he pleaded with Dorothy. "Miss Dorothy, I'm sorry for what I did just now. Please forgive me."

Dorothy did not expect things to turn out like this. Furthermore, she did not expect Credence, who had intended to humiliate her, to help her punish Bob who spoke vulgarly. For a moment, she was at a loss.

Was he standing up for her?

Staring at Credence's cold face and his chest that was heaving slightly due to anger, she felt a trace of joy in her heart.

She had loved him for ten years and married him for four years. This was the first time that he defended her. How could she not be happy?

However, it was not enough to make her forgive him.

Dorothy looked at Credence with a complicated expression. It was as if her heart was soaking in the deep sea, unable to find a way out.

The next moment, Credence lifted his foot and sent Bob flying into the air, slamming him against the wall.

The way Credence treated the boss of a big company in public showed how powerful he was.

The other man hurriedly sat up straight. Keeping their heads low, they dared not make a single sound.

"This deal is cancelled!"

Credence uttered in a deep voice when he walked past Dorothy.

Dorothy felt a cold wind invade her bones behind her. It was followed by a unique smell that only belonged to Credence.

That smell caused her heart to palpitate. At the same time, it made her heart ache.

What did he mean by saying the deal was cancelled?

It seemed that all the hard work she had done was all in vain. She had not only had a drink with those disgusting men, but she had almost removed her dress!

Dorothy was convinced that Credence must be playing with her feelings!

He was just making a fool of her.

Dorothy was so angry that she could not take her eyes off Credence's back. Her head ached so much that she felt like it was about to explode.

What on earth did she have to do to get him to agree to a divorce?

The door of the room was pushed open, and it was shut again. Credence had left without looking back.

Dorothy stood rooted to the spot for almost ten minutes. Only then did she turn around and leave the room.

With that, the other men left the room too. Only Bob, whose crotch had been seriously injured, remained in the room. He took out his phone and made a call. "Hurry! Chase after that b*tch in a blue dress who has just gone out," he shouted in anger.

No matter how much Credence thought highly of Dorothy, she was still just a lowly hostess.

After getting his hands on her and torturing her, he would get rid of her without anyone noticing.

Dorothy got out of the room. She looked around, but Credence was nowhere to be seen.

When she heard rapid footsteps behind her, she turned her head instinctively. There were a few fierce-looking men running toward her. Realizing that they were coming after her, Dorothy quickened her pace.

Unfortunately, her body was exceptionally weak. As she ran, she almost sprained her ankle.

Those men had almost caught up to her. Seeing that, Dorothy panicked and dashed downstairs. The next second, she bumped into the warm chest of a man....

............