Chapter 124 The truth behind the bite mark

However, no matter how sad she was, life went on and the future was worth looking forward to.

In order to ensure that the baby in her belly was not malnourished, even if Dorothy was feeling miserable, she would still force herself to eat a lot of food at dinner.

After feeling a bit full, she walked back and forth leisurely around the prison room, which was less than five meters square wide.

Under the guidance of a prison guard, Juelz walked into the prison with bags of all sizes under his arms.

Gazing at Dorothy who seemed to be at ease, Juelz could not help but smile, "Dory, I'm here to visit the child and you. Come and see what kind of good things I've brought today."

He brought a bunch of baby clothing. The most amusing things he had gotten were milk bottles and imported milk powder.

He bought a dozen milk bottles, red ones, yellow ones, purple ones, blue ones, all kinds of colors.

Dorothy reached out and held a lovely milk bottle in her hand. She could not help but tease him, "You have bought so many of this. Did you get aggravated by someone again?"

Last time, there had been a female shop assistant who had said ingratiatingly, "Your baby will be as handsome as you when he grows up." Upon hearing that, Juelz had almost bought out all the clothes in the store.

As the third child of the Sherman family, Juelz had always had all kinds of beauties in his arms when he had fun in clubs.

However, recently, in order to please a divorced woman, he was wandering around baby shops, carefully choosing items instead. Dorothy felt that such a scene was too funny.

"I didn't get motivated by anyone this time. This is because have a piece of good news!"

Juelz was full of joy. He reached out to hold Dorothy's shoulders and pulled her into his embrace, peering at her with his eyelashes fluttering, "Dory, after pestering and persuading my grandfather tirelessly day and night, he has finally agreed to let you be my girlfriend when you get out of prison!"

"Dory, aren't you happy? Aren't you delighted?" He did not tell her the truth.

Truth be told, when Gordan had found that the woman Juelz was insisting to marry was not someone he met at a bar, but instead was Credence's divorced wife, he became so furious that he almost had a heart attack.

He scolded Juelz furiously for fooling around and told him that he could marry any woman in the world, just not Dorothy.

Gordan had even told Juelz harshly that if he dared to marry Dorothy, he would not acknowledge Juelz as his grandson anymore.

He would drive him away together with Dorothy!

Juelz was well-aware of his grandfather's temper. He knew that Gordan would not actually do that to him.

He had done many ridiculous things when he was younger, but in the end, he just got severely beaten up by Gordon who had just wanted to vent his anger.

Therefore, if he wanted to marry Dorothy, as long as Dorothy agreed and was willing to marry him, he could persuade Gordan to accept Dorothy and allow them to get married and legally enter the family.

Staring at Juelz's grin, Dorothy did not feel pleasantly surprised but shocked and helpless instead.

She did not want to disappoint him, thus she shook her head with a smile and said, "Juelz, let's talk about it later. I just want to deliver the baby safely. As for other things, I don't want to think about them for the time being."

Hearing her words, Juelz's expression turned gloomy. He gradually moved his handsome face towards Dorothy.

Suddenly, he noticed a dry red mark at the corner of her lips. It seemed like a bite mark that had been left after being kissed hard by a man.

He squinted his eyes, raised his hand, and used his index finger to touch the bite mark gently. He asked, "Dory, why is there an ugly mark here? Is that a mosquito bite?"

Every day, a cleaner would tidy up the cell she lived in. There was air-conditioning, a washing machine, and everything she needed except for personal freedom. The room was more luxurious than that of an ordinary hotel suite. How could there be a mosquito?

"No."

Dorothy shook her head and suddenly remembered that when Credence had been standing three meters away from her, other than his cold figure, there had been nothing unusual. However, in an instant, his gaze had changed and he became ferocious.

As if realized something, Dorothy hurried into the bathroom. She observed her face in the mirror on the wall and found a small red mark at the corner of her lips, which looked like a bite mark left by a man after kissing.

Oh, that was the reason all that had happened.

Credence thought that Juelz had kissed her, which was why he had been so angry with her and had treated her so rudely.

Staring at the spot at the corner of her lips, Dorothy had mixed feelings and stayed silent.

The bathroom door got kicked open by someone from outside, and Juelz entered anxiously.

Seeing Dorothy who was staring at the small wound at the corner of her lips in a daze, Juelz felt jealous and angry. He was enraged and raised his voice, "Dory, is that a bite mark left by Credence?"

"No, I was bitten by a three-year-old child."

Dorothy was startled. Then, she touched the corner of her lips and recalled the chubby boy throwing himself at her when he had seen her. He had been shouting, "Can I have a hug?" At that time, she could not help but beam at him.

He was her prison mate's three-year-old son who had followed his father to visit his mother.

When Dorothy passed by, the boy had seen her and swiftly ran towards her.

Dorothy was caught off guard. As she was pregnant, she worried the boy might bump into the baby in her belly. Hence, she did not dare to stretch out her arms to hug the little boy. She could only dodge to the side apologetically.

The little boy fell to the ground and burst out in tears. It was not until Dorothy bent down, took out a robot toy and chocolate candy from her pocket, and handed them to him that the boy smiled happily.

However, he remembered it was Dorothy who had caused him to fall down. When she had not been paying attention, he parted his small mouth and bit her violently, leaving a suspicious bite mark, one that made Credence and Juelz misunderstand the situation.

Upon hearing that it was not Credence who had bitten her, Juelz heaved a long sigh of relief. He followed Dorothy out of the bathroom and chattered non-stop. He even nagged her about all kinds of matters.

He wished that he could stay by Dorothy's side and become her bodyguard all day long.

It was not until late at night when Dorothy had to rest and was ready to drive him away that Juelz left reluctantly.

"Dory, if anything happens, get the prison guard to call me. My cell phone is forever ready for your call, twenty-four seven. Don't be too touched!" Juelz told her before leaving.

........

At midnight, a black Maybach was quietly parked in front of a low profile and luxurious villa in the suburbs.

Credence opened the car door and got out of the car. He saw the lights in the guest room that Dorothy had used to stay in were still on. The soft and white light was no different from usual, shining into his eyes and warming his cold heart.

Through the translucent windows, he vaguely saw a looming silhouette of a person.

Almost instantly, Credence came to his senses, and a dark look appeared on his handsome face.

Dorothy was staying in prison. Who was in her room late at night then?

........