Chapter 117 Utter defeat

Dorothy stared at the man who had carved a permanent spot in the bottom of her heart. Her soft, fair fingers tightly grabbed the hems of her clothes on both sides, and her fingers started to tremble slowly

There was no doubt that he was here for Rosalie!

She had told herself to not be sad anymore. She should not be sad for a man who did not love her. However, her broken heart was still in pain. She felt a sour feeling and she was still devastated.

Dorothy turned her head away stiffly, and no longer looked at Credence, who was slowly walking in. However, her ears could not help but listen to him speak.

His charming and deep voice was so recognizable that there was no need for her to single it out.

Ivana reached her hand out and made a polite gesture to welcome Credence to the VIP seat, "Mr. Scott, this way."

He nodded slightly, "Alright."

His deep eyes swept over Dorothy. He noticed that she had deliberately turned her head away upon seeing him enter. His face sank, but he did not stop at all. He walked straight to the VIP seat and sat down gracefully.

Dorothy did not look at Credence, but she could feel him sitting right behind her. His gaze was sharp and burning, like a haunting shadow. It was on her and would not go away.

Why was he not staring at Rosalie? Why was he looking at her like that?

Dorothy felt a little angry and embarrassed. She had a feeling that he was doing so on purpose. He was deliberately staring at her, which made her feel uneasy, and her heart was beating rapidly.

Then, she heard Rosalie's gentle voice, "Credence, you're here. Thank you for coming to keep me company."

Rosalie's voice had always been sweet. When she deliberately made it cuter, it was as if she had sugar-coated her mouth and added honey to it, which was absolutely sickening.

Dorothy frowned, a bitter smile on her face. A thin layer of sourness could be seen on her face.

Perhaps, Credence liked coy women like Rosalie. Perhaps, that was why she had been unable to obtain his love even after four years of loving him. The only thing she got from her love was a miscarriage and a divorce.

Dorothy waited for a while, but Credence did not reply to Rosalie. She could not help but glance behind her from the corner of her eye.

He was dressed in formal attire, a black suit with a white shirt and a black tie. There was a sense of alienation and extravagance of a successful man who had been in a high position for a long, long time emanating from him.

He sat tall and upright as he crossed his legs. His handsome face was cold as he sat on the chair, and his eyes were laced with frigidity. He completely ignored Rosalie and had no intentions of responding to her. It was as if he had never met Rosalie.

Dorothy was thoroughly taken aback for a moment.

What on earth had happened during her time in detention? Why was Credence treating Rosalie so coldly?

After coming to her senses, Dorothy mocked herself with a sneer. She had been worrying too much. No matter what had happened between Credence and Rosalie, it had nothing to do with her.

On the other end, Rosalie had not expected Credence to ignore her like that. He had treated her like a stranger. She was so furious that she gritted her teeth.

She turned around, staring into Dorothy's calm eyes, and there was a look of mockery on her face. She widened her eyes in anger and said coldly in a low voice, "Dorothy, after the judge finds you guilty, you will go to jail. If you don't want to sit in prison for the rest of your life, you'd better show me a good attitude now."