Chapter 40 Threat

"Don't worry, Mr. Scott. The kidney transplantation has gone well. Now we are wrapping up the surgery. Miss Rosalie will be fine."

For some reason, the attending doctor did not take off his mask. Besides, his figure became smaller. He seemed to be disguising his voice, making it sound hoarse. It made one feel extremely uncomfortable.

Nevertheless, Credence did not find anything unusual. He nodded slightly and asked, "Then... How about Dorothy Fisher?"

When he asked this question, there was no expression on his face.

But his clenched fists had betrayed his feeling of nervousness at that moment.

The doctor wondered if he was worried about Rosalie or Dorothy.

"Her condition may not be so optimistic."

The doctor stole a quick glance at Credence's cold face. Then, he quickly lowered his head. With a hoarse voice, he faltered, "During the surgery, we found out that her uterus has been seriously injured. Coupled with the fact that she had sexual intercourse not long after her miscarriage, her cervix is severely torn and ulcerated. It was showing signs of progressing to uterine cancer. Taking into account her physical condition, all the doctors involved in the operation unanimously decided to remove her uterus. In other words, not only did she lose a healthy kidney, but she also loses the chance to become a mother."

If Credence carefully analyzed the doctor's words, he would definitely be able to hear the slight mocking tone in it.

However, he could not think straight at this moment. He was bothered by the doctor's claim that Dorothy would be infertile.

Not long ago, Jonathan had just told him in a stern manner that Dorothy was likely to be infertile in the future. Her probability of getting pregnant again was no more than ten percent.

But even with a ten-percent probability, there was still chance and hope.

Now that her uterus was removed entirely, the chance was zero.

How miserable would she be?

"Did I allow you to remove her uterus? Stop the operation immediately! Right now!"

Credence's penetrating gaze scared the doctor out of his wits. He kept his head low, not having the courage to meet Credence's eyes. At this time, Credence's breathing became unstable.

A few white ceiling lamps were hanging in the corridor, and the faint light shone on his face. His stern, handsome face was as pale as a ghost, emanating a frightening aura.

"Sure. I'll go in and suspend the operation right away."

The doctor let out an almost inaudible snort before turning around and pulled the operating room door open. As he walked in, a female nurse ran out in a panic, holding a pile of blood-stained gauze. When she spotted Credence's cold expression, she shivered in fear.

"What happened?"

Credence stood still and asked in a cold voice.

Feeling even more terrified, the nurse replied in a trembling voice, "Miss Dorothy Fisher suddenly suffers from severe bleeding. She... she might not make it."

Credence's heart skipped a beat. He threw a sharp gaze at the nurse.

As far as his eyes could see, the nurse's lips kept moving.

However, his sense of hearing seemed to be malfunctioning. He could not hear a word she said, and there was a constant buzzing in his brain.

What did she just say?

Did she say someone was dying?

Credence suddenly pulled the nurse away from the door and strode into the operating room.

The air was filled with a strong and pungent smell of blood.

When the unpleasant smell hit Credence's nose, it irritated his eyes.

In the deep line of sight, the man saw that the woman who laid on the operating theatre was extremely familiar. Her face was as pale as paper, and there was a large opening at her abdomen which dripped with blood, down to the surface of the table, and onto the white floor. It was a bloody scene.

There were two doctors who were wearing surgical drapes, surgical masks, and rubber gloves. They were pulling out an eroded uterus from the woman's body and carefully placing it into a glass vessel.

One of her kidneys was missing, leaving the remaining one alone.

The doctors turned their heads when they heard the sound behind them. At the sight of Credence, they were shocked. "Mr. Scott, it's not hygienic here. Can you please wait outside? Miss Rosalie...

The woman who was ripped apart was indeed Dorothy!

Credence stared at her ashen face intensely. In an instant, he felt an intense, dull pain at the center of his chest.

He wanted to punish her for cheating with Juelz behind his back and hurting his ego as her husband. That was why he ordered her to donate her kidney to Rosalie.

Without her healthy kidney, Rosalie would definitely die.

On the other hand, Dorothy's body was still healthy. Her body might be affected a little without a kidney, but it would not be life-threatening. He could easily utilize his wealth to maintain Dorothy's health.

But why did things not go according to his plans?

He never had the intention to take Dorothy's life!

Clenching his right fist, the veins on the back of his hand bulged as if they were going to explode. With all his strength, he slammed hard on the hard iron instrument.

Everyone was startled by the loud bang.

They immediately turned their heads to take a look.

Credence was retracting his hand slowly from the instrument. His palm was pierced by a sharp needle protruding from the surface of the instrument. The cut was so deep that his bone could be seen. Blood was dripping onto the floor.

With blood-shot eyes, Credence threatened, "I don't care what method you use, but you must bring her back to life! Otherwise, there is no need for this hospital and you people to exist anymore!"

Rosalie, who was lying in the ward next to the operating room, was fully aware of what happened in the operating room.

Never did she expect that Credence would become a different person when he learned that Dorothy was going to die. He did not care about Rosalie's well-being. Instead, he had threatened the doctors to save her, who should have been dead a long time ago...

Her heart was suddenly beating wildly.

Panic, fear, and helplessness swept through her.

She quickly took out her mobile phone to make a phone call. She said through chattering teeth, "There's a change in the situation. Credence suddenly seems to be very concerned about Dorothy. Quick... Answer me! Have you finished setting up everything on your end?"

A man's subtle laughter came from the other end of the line, and then, he remained silent for a long time. Just when Rosalie was getting impatient, he replied dismissively, "Don't worry."

These two words could not bring any sense of security to Rosalie at all. When she was about to press on, the man hung up on her.

When she called him again, his phone was turned off.

"D*mn it!"

Rosalie was so furious that she nearly smashed her phone.

At this time, a doctor pushed the door open and told her in a panic, "Miss Rosalie, get ready quickly. Mr. Scott is heading over here!"

..............