Chapter 173 Then who do you think is suitable for you?

After hanging up the phone, Dorothy told Belle that

Germaine was looking for her so she needed to head out. The little girl was very sensible. She waved her hands and said sweetly, "Goodbye, Mommy. Come back as soon as you can."

Dorothy lowered her head, kissed her daughter's little face and said, "Alright, Belle, be a good girl while I'm gone. I'll come back after I have everything settled."

Just as she walked out of the ICU, she collided head-on with Credence. He frowned when he saw her holding her black bag and phone. The anxiety in her eyes was concerning too. "Did something happen?" He asked.

"Oh, it's nothing. Germaine just called and asked me to go see her."

"I'm free now, I can send you over."

Dorothy refused the offer without a second thought, "No, it's fine. I can hail a taxi when I get out. It won't take long."

After that, she walked pass him without a second glance and entered the elevator in a hurry.

Credence's face darkened after that bout of rejection. He tightened his thin lips and watched Dorothy leave with a solemn expression.

The elevator door closed quickly, and the man with the indescribable expression was shut out just like that.

A few minutes later, Dorothy walked out of the elevator, past the lobby, and reached the gates to leave the hospital. Not long after she stood at the crossroad, she managed to find a taxi. She told the driver the address as soon as she got in.

On the way, Dorothy kept pushing the taxi driver to speed up, "Mister, a life is on the line here. Could you please hurry up."

The driver was angry upon being urged so many times.

However, when he heard that a life was involved, his anger quickly vanished as he followed Dorothy's orders accordingly and really sped up.

They managed to shorten the half an hour journey to twenty minutes.

After she paid the bills, Dorothy hurriedly jumped out of the car. As soon as she stood up, she felt her heart grow leaden as if a heavy stone had settled itself on her heart, pressing it down. She felt uneasy, and even her right eye started to twitch uncontrollably.

She strode through the door and looked around. She found that since it was daytime, there weren't many people in this shady place. The men and women were scattered into two's and three's.

As she did not see Germaine, Dorothy became a little flustered herself. She ran around the counter and finally found Germaine kneeling defeatedly in a dark and remote corner. There were tears in her eyes but there was a bright smile on her dazzling face. "I am nothing but a shameless woman who likes to seduce men anywhere and everywhere, Madam Sherman. This isn't the first time you've known about it. What? You used to take advantage of other people's influences in the Sherman family and had left me alone to do as I please, why are you here to intervene now?"

The Madam Sherman in question was standing right in front of Germaine. She was a very beautiful middle-aged lady that looked to be of noble descent. She had a good set of facial features that looked well-maintained, but the expression she had on at that moment made her look cold and unfeeling. She chuckled and said, "Germaine, why are you calling me Madam Sherman? I am your aunt after all. It has been so many years, yet you still don't know your manners. I feel really sorry for your dead parents."

"Aunt? Ha, do you think anyone else in the Sherman family has agreed for you to take on such a position?" Germaine raised her head and sneered. "My kind-hearted aunt died a long time ago because you angered her to death! If you hadn't deceived uncle with your beautiful face, my aunt would not have been angered to the extent of her heart problem relapsing and coughing out blood."