Chapter 162

When Dorothy held Juelz's arm, she used too much force. Her nails dug deeply into Juelz's muscles. He frowned from the slight stinging pain.

"Dory, don't worry. He won't die just yet."

Seeing Juelz's gloomy face, Dorothy realized she cared too much about Credence. She lowered her head and whispered, "Juelz, I don't care if he lives or dies. I just hope that he can wake up earlier so that I can cure Belle's illness."

Juelz did not point out Dorothy's way of concealing her feelings. He only stared at her as she lowered her head, let his jealousy and boiling blood cool down, and he let out a sigh.

"Dory, when I walked past the ICU just now, I heard from Jonathan that Credence is likely to wake up in half an hour, but his injury is too serious, thus he will have to be nursed in the hospital for about half a month."

"It means that you can't do that thing with him within this time. How about this, let's go see him first, after that, we'll go back to the apartment and plan this out?"

Upon hearing that Credence had to recuperate for more than half a month, Dorothy could not help but feel annoyed.

If she had known that he would suffer such a serious internal injury, she would have stopped him from stabbing his own chest that night in the club.

Now she had done it. Her plans had to be foiled and she could not do it with Credence. The plan to get herself pregnant was far from over.

Dorothy nodded sullenly. "That's all we can do right now."

She hastily ate some bread and had some drinks to fill her hunger. Juelz accompanied her as they walked out of the ward and into ICU along the corridor.

At the same time, Credence made it through the 36 hours mark and had already opened his eyes for around ten minutes.

The serious pain in his heart caused him to feel an unbearable stinging pain every time he took a breath.

However, he was an overbearingly domineering man, and his ability to endure pain was great too. He frowned and did not even groan.

A strong smell of disinfected water reached his nose, which helped Credence understand where he was at. He took some time to remember what had happened the night before. Slowly, his dark eyes got clear and bright.

He slowly turned his head around and was welcomed by Jonathan's exaggerated smile. He widened his eyes in excitement and cried out, "Credence, you are finally awake. You have been lying motionlessly on the hospital bed for two days and one night like a dead man. Oh my, you scared me to death."

"Shut up!"

Credence's brain ached from Jonathan's cries. He glanced over coldly and looked around with great difficulty.

He only saw Marvin, who was standing at the door and stopping people. The woman who he really wanted to see was nowhere to be found.

Therefore, his expectant and pale face gradually darkened.

After being thoroughly ignored like this, Jonathan felt so wronged that he shouted at Marvin, "Mary, I finally understand. In Credence's heart, both of us can't even be compared to Dorothy's pinky! D*mn it, let's go. This hurts my self-esteem too much."

Marvin had no time to comfort Jonathan's wounded heart. He showed a stern face to Juelz, who came side by side with Dorothy, and said coldly, "Juelz, Credence doesn't want to see you. Please leave now."

Juelz was so angry that he sneered. When he was about to speak, he noticed Dorothy quietly pulling his sleeve. He could only swallow his anger and suppress the resentment in his heart. He thought that the less trouble he caused, the better it would be. Hence, he retreated to the end of the corridor, took out a cigarette from his trousers, lit it, and took a deep puff.