Chapter 137 Investigation

"Do have to know her?"

Credence narrowed his eyes and stared at the contract in his hand. After he finished speaking, he stayed quiet, and a cold aura emanated from his body.

Upon hearing this, Benjamin gave a bitter smile, and a sense of helplessness could be discerned in his deep gaze. He replied, "No, you don't have to."

He really was unable to figure out what had happened to Mr. Scott after the car accident. He could remember a lot of things clearly, but the only thing he could not remember was Dorothy and his feud with Rosalie.

Those memories like files that had been permanently deleted from a computer, not a single trace left.

It seemed that Credence was not destined to be together with Dorothy!

Benjamin sighed a long breath. He knew that the gloomy man sitting on the sofa had finished signing the contracts, so he hunched over and took the contracts in his hands.

He said gently, "Mr. Scott, I will head downstairs first." Then, he turned around and left.

When he opened the door and walked out, he met Jonathan and Marvin who were chatting.

Jonathan in particular, upon seeing

Benjamin, suddenly lit up with an urge to gossip. He rushed up and draped his hand on Benjamin's shoulder casually, as if they were best friends.

He started to prattle on, "Benjamin, let me tell you something. Juelz is a little strange tonight. Like Credence, he has never taken a date to a banquet. Both of them can actually be compared to priests right now judging by their aversion to the opposite gender."

"However, he actually brought a woman with him tonight. I saw her figure from the back. Her figure was dmn amazing, and not to mention her plump breasts. What a pity that Marv and I did not get to see what her face looked like. We don't even know if her looks match her perfect figure."

Benjamin went quiet for a moment, his mouth twitching. He wanted to ask if the woman's looks were even Jonathan's business.

However, before Benjamin could reply to Jonathan, Marvin, who was beside them, frowned and said in a serious manner, "That woman's back is really familiar, but can't quite place her."

When Jonathan heard that, he immediately released his clawing hands from Benjamin's shoulder and looked towards Marvin.

He grabbed his arm tightly and asked with a mysterious grin, "Mary, you've never been interested in a woman before. Now you're actually saying that she's quite familiar? Tell me, are you interested in that woman?"

"To hell with that."

Faced with Jonathan's nonsense, Marvin could not help but swear, "That woman gives off Dorothy's vibes."

Wh-why the f*ck would Dorothy suddenly pop back into existence?

Jonathan was instantly dumbfounded. "Didn't she disappear six years ago? We couldn't find any traces of her even by investigating Juelz and Germaine, so after that, we all assumed that she had either disappeared or died."

"No, Mrs. Scott didn't die at all, and she did not disappear either."

Benjamin could no longer hold back the excitement at the bottom of his heart.

His eyes glinted and he immediately refuted Jonathan's words, saying, "Just now, when I was coming out from the elevator upstairs, a woman brushed past me and walked into the elevator. I saw her back too, and it was indeed very similar to Mrs. Scott."

So, what did all that mean?

Not only had Dorothy suddenly returned to Talco City, but she had even joined the banquet?

Jonathan was the quickest to respond. He suddenly shouted, "I know now! She must have arrived with Juelz."

"Let's find the manager of this hotel and bring up all the live videos of tonight's banquet." Marvin looked at a pinhole camera on the ceiling. He narrowed his cold eyes and said, "If Dorothy really is back, then she's bound to show up in the videos."

"Why don't you just ask Juelz directly?"

Although Juelz had turned over a new leaf and had become the head of a large company, Jonathan was still accustomed to calling him Juelz.

Since he had always called him by his name, it had become a habit. It would be very difficult to change the way he addressed him.

Upon hearing that the big shots of Talco City needed assistance, the manager of the hotel rushed over immediately.

He stood in front of Marvin and the lot, nodded and bowed, "Mr. Jules, Mr. Stanton, please let me know if there is anything I can be of assistance."

Marvin had trained in the special forces for many years, so he had a straightforward personality.

He did not even have the patience to fake a smile. He shoved the duty of small talk to Jonathan and walked to one side to chat with Benjamin.

Jonathan was quite imposing. He waved his arms and glanced at the time on his wristwatch.

Then, he pointed to the manager and smiled slowly, "Hey, calm down. We're not here to make things difficult for you! It's just that we want the surveillance record from 8 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. on the first floor.Take it out and show it to us right now."

Upon hearing him, the manager slowly broke out in a cold sweat, a sheen forming on his forehead.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Stanton. All the cameras on the second floor have been malfunctioning these days. I haven't found someone to fix them and replace them yet. As of now, we can only show you the video from the first floor. Why don't you take a look at it first?"

"Godd mn it, how dare you screw up at such a I crucial moment. Do you believe that I'll kick your a's right now?"

Jonathan scolded the manager and turned to look at Marvin with a smile, "Mary, what do you think?"

"It's fine by me. Let's take a look at it first."

Marvin's voice was loud and powerful.

Initially, Jonathan and Marvin had intended to go into the lounge to discuss certain things with Credence.

However, Dorothy's supposed sudden appearance at the banquet threw them off track, so they decided to change their plans and go to the security room on the first floor.

When the staff in the monitoring room saw that their manager was being so respectful towards the men, they dared not slack off and hastily opened the video.

They locked in the time frame. Soon, Jonathan, Marvin, and Benjamin saw Juelz entering the hall at eight o'clock in the evening, with a beautiful woman in a light blue evening dress as his plus one.

The surveillance video was from a top-down perspective, and the woman kept her head down as if she was deliberately avoiding the camera. Her face was never revealed.

After studying it for a good three or four times, they still failed to make out her face.

Jonathan's patience was gradually running out. Irritated, he lit a cigarette and took a drag.

He scolded, "D'mn, hate these tricky games the most! I say, this woman might not necessarily be Dorothy. There are plenty of women out there with similar figures."

Marvin ignored him. His long and black eyebrows arched as he asked Benjamin, "What do you think?"

Benjamin walked towards the large monitor screen, raised his head, and took the mouse from the staff member's hands.

He then dragged the progress bar back and seriously observed every detail at each corner of the video.

Suddenly, he saw a fleeting shot and could not help but yelp, "Wait, I've found something. Right here! Mr. Stanton, Mr. Jules, come and take a look."

..............