Chapter 166 Mommy, I'm So Scared!

Not long after Credence left, Dorothy woke up as if she had sensed something. She opened her bleary eyes and looked around. She only saw Benjamin making a phone call outside. The man who seemed to have kissed her on her lips had left.

She was worried about Belle and Germaine's safety so much that she did not fall asleep at all.

However, under Credence's instruction, the female doctor who was treating her wounds added some components of sedatives to her medicine, and under the influence of the medicine, she fell into a state of drowsiness even if she didn't want to sleep.

Her movements alerted Benjamin. He quickly put his phone back in his trouser pockets and walked towards her respectfully. "Mrs. Scott, Mr. Scott told me to send you home to wait for the news."

When Benjamin called her "Mrs. Scott", Dorothy was filled with mixed feelings. She had tried to stop him from calling her that lots of times, but she could never change the way he addressed her. She could only say helplessly, "We are divorced, his residence is not my home. How about this? Send me back to my apartment first."

If he sent her back, wouldn't she meet with Juelz?

Benjamin thought of Credence's orders to him before he left, and he refused gently, "Sorry, Mrs. Scott, I can't agree to your request."

Dorothy could not do anything but to agree to that.

Her right leg was cast, thus she could not walk straight, and every step was filled with pain and difficulty.

However, she did not want Benjamin's help. She gritted her teeth and walked out of the room and out of the gates of Rawland Lodge. Just as she was about to get on a car, a silver Maserati roared past her.

The sharp wind attracted Dorothy's attention, she could not help but turn around to have a look. She happened to meet the cold and handsome man who was in the driver's seat.

It was Jeremy!

Was he in a rush to save Germaine?

Jeremy took off his sunglasses that looked normal, but in actuality had the functions of remote observation. He narrowed his eyes and sneered, "Germaine, that silly woman, risked her life to save your daughter. You, on the other hand, are hiding in Talco City and waiting to see how things end."

Why should he just quietly accept the bait Credence left him?

Since Credence had used Germaine as bait against him, he could also use Dorothy against Credence. It was only fair, wasn't it?

His sarcastic words made Dorothy's face and ears turn red, she felt embarrassed.

When Jeremy drove away, Dorothy got in the car and ordered Benjamin, "He must be heading to save Germaine. Follow him."

Benjamin was in a dilemma. A conflicted expression appeared on his face. "Mrs. Scott, before Mr. Scott told me I had to keep you safe before he left. What if, what if something were to happen to you? Mr. Scott would rip my head off and kick it like a football."

"But, Benjamin, if anything happens to Germaine or Belle, I will never forgive myself for the rest of my life!"

Dorothy closed her eyes slightly, as she felt guilty. "I would rather be the one hurt and kidnapped instead of them, do you understand?"

As a parent, her child's life was more important than her own. As for Germaine, she stood in her place and got hurt for her.

How could she bear to watch Germaine get hurt while she stayed in Talco City? How could she not do anything?

Benjamin could see the resolute in Dorothy's eyes and thought for a while. In the end, he agreed to conceal this matter. He did not call Mr. Scott to inform him about this. He would ask for his forgiveness once they reached Mandalay Town.