Chapter 150 Failure

The noble and proud man's chiseled facial features were like that of an ice sculpture. A frighteningly cold aura emanated from him.

Victor suddenly felt a little cold and shrank a little.

When he opened his leather bag and touched the file that contained Dorothy's information, which pointed to her as the mysterious woman who had appeared in Talco Hotel that night, he remembered Jonathan's threats. After hesitating for a few seconds, he put the materials back into the briefcase.

Victor took out a large stack of documents and photos from the other side of the briefcase, spread all the evidence on the desk in front of Credence, and said seriously, "Mr. Scott, this is all the strong evidence I've found in half a month. All the clues point to the president of J&D Group, Juelz. I'm certain that he is the one who paid a large number of mercenaries to attack you during the equestrian competition."

"What's his reason for attacking me?"

Credence's face was calm and unruffled as he fixed his eyes on the stack of papers.

"There are only two reasons for men to fight. One is for wealth, the other for women."

Victor carefully observed the handsome man who was sitting behind the desk. He thought for a moment and asked, "Mr. Scott, did you snatch a large business deal away from Juelz some time ago? Or did you take away his woman?"

Credence sneered coldly, "That's impossible."

He narrowed his elongated eyes and said with a voice that was more frigid than ice, "I haven't robbed him of any business deals, nor have taken away his woman. Your guess is highly unlikely."

"I, for one, have a feeling that he was trying to take something from me, because when got sent to the hospital, the doctor found a small needle prick on my left arm."

The wound could have only come from an injection.

Since he was sure that Juelz was the one who had done this to him, then he could've injected a drug into him, or extracted some of his blood...

However, he had undergone a full-body examination when he was hospitalized. There were no abnormalities in his body, nor were there any side effects from any drugs.

Then, there was only one possibility left.

However, what exactly was Juelz's goal?

Credence closed his eyes and then fiercely opened them again. His face was wintrier than an ice sculpture. All he felt was a dense layer of fog in front of him, layer upon layer, making it difficult for him to realize the truth.

Victor, on the other hand, was so shocked by his words that his heart started to beat uncontrollably.

He licked his lips and said with difficulty, "Mr. Scott, I don't understand. Why would Juelz want your blood?"

"Do you think would still pay you to investigate if I knew the reason?"

Credence picked up the cup by his hand and drank the bitter coffee. His facial features tightened as his frown deepened, "Three days. You have exactly three days to find out his motives."

"I understand, Mr. Scott."

Victor composed himself, packed up the documents on the desk, and put them into his briefcase.

As he was getting ready to leave, he saw the man lower his eyes and ask coldly. "What about the investigation on the hotel incident?"

Victor swore to the heavens that this was the coldest tone he had ever heard from Credence. It was filled with hatred, so bitingly cold that it could freeze anyone who got close to him.