Chapter 39 You really make me sick

Half an hour later, Dorothy had changed into a hospital gown with blue and white stripes. She sat on the sofa outside the operating room and waited patiently.

Inside the sterile room, the doctor was doing a full body examination on Rosalie to ensure that nothing would go wrong during the surgery.

Dorothy waited for nearly two hours before the attending doctor came out. He nodded at her, saying, "Miss Fisher, you may enter now to get ready."

"Okay."

After taking a few deep breaths, Dorothy stood up and straightened her gown. Then, she entered the operating room.

To her surprise, Rosalie sat up from the operating table. At the sight of Dorothy, Rosalie sized her up and said with a smile, "Dorothy, oh Dorothy! Seems that you have not been very well while I was in a coma."

"You are not injured at all?!"

Dorothy was dumbfounded. She looked at Rosalie warily and let out a gasp.

At that moment, Dorothy understood everything.

Rosalie was not injured at all. It was even more ridiculous to think that her kidney had ruptured. The attack Juelz launched at her out of impulse did not cause much harm to her.

Her sister, whom she had grown up with, was really not simple!

Rosalie did not answer her question. She laughed triumphantly before speaking to Dorothy, "Are you pretending to be dumb? Of course I'm not injured. Do you think that fool can hurt me by just waving a knife around? Ah, you really underestimated me! What he stabbed was just a blood bag tied to my body."

After a pause, she continued, "I know Credence would eventually agree to let you donate your kidney to me. Dorothy, it's perfectly justifiable to return what you owed me. Four years ago, you took Credence away from me by playing tricks. Now, it's only fair that you repay me with one of your kidneys. You've taken over the position of Mrs. Scott for four eyes and enjoyed the pleasures. that Credence gave you in bed. You are even pregnant. Althoughthe child is gone, at least you once had it. Overall, you've taken a lot of advantage!"

"Dorothy, I don't want to say anything else. The surgery is about to start. Enjoy it! If you encounter any irreversible danger during the surgery that could kill you, you can only blame yourself for your own bad luck."

Did Rosalie mean that not only did she want her to lose a kidney, but she also wanted to take this opportunity to kill her?

A trace of anger flashed across Dorothy's eyes. She stared at Rosalie, who was looking smug. "You have planned this for a long time, haven't you? Rosalie, you're going too far!"

"Am I going too far?"

Rosalie's long hair fell loosely over her shoulders. She smiled at Dorothy beautifully, saying, "It's Credence who forced you to donate your kidney, and it's also Credence who killed your child. I didn't do anything. Dorothy, it's your fault that out of so many men in the world, you chose to fall in love with Credence! He has always been cruel to women who constantly surround him."

Rosalie was right.

Credence was the one who forced her to do everything.

On the surface, it did not seem to have anything to do with Rosalie.

Dorothy closed her eyes. She held her trembling hand to her chest. Gradually, her expression turned calm, and a faint smile appeared on her face.

"Regarding the incident in the parking lot, everything was staged by you, right? Your acting was spectacular indeed. If I had not known your cruel character, I would really think that I was the one who hired those gangsters. Just because of Credence, you have used every possible way to ruin me. You really make me sick!"

Ever since Dorothy was a child, she had taken good care of Rosalie, who was three years younger than her, with all her heart. She had never mistreated Rosalie.

Without any instructions from Linda or Caleb, she would always offer the best food, drinks, and toys to Rosalie.

At that time, Rosalie was a well-behaved and cute girl. They often

talked about girly stuff together.

Although they were not biological sisters, they were closer than biological sisters.

However, everything changed when she fell in love with Credence. Ever since, they had become strangers, and their

relationship turned ugly.

Greed and uncontrollable desires had completely changed Rosalie and the family that Dorothy had once loved so much!

A trace of disappointment and grief crossed Dorothy's face. She walked forward and stood in front of Rosalie. Then, she slapped Rosalie hard on the face. "Rosalie, don't think that you can get away with everything you've done. Eventually, you'll reap what you sow. You'd end up like me one day. You will be abandoned by your loved ones. Also, you'll lose your beloved child, and even lose your life!"

"Shut up! Do you think I'm as stupid as you?"

Rosalie's face distorted with anger. She yelled at several doctors who were standing aside, "Why are you still standing there? Hurry up! Tie her to the operating table and remove her kidney. Dorothy, today, not only do I want your kidney, but I also want your life. When you are gone for real, you'll never be able to steal Credence away from me!"

Obviously, the doctors were bribed by Rosalie. They charged toward Dorothy and grabbed her by her arms, dragging her to another operating table.

However, Dorothy did not struggle. She said with a sneer, "Just you wait, Rosalie. Sooner or later, you would end up like me. I'll wait for you in hell!"

Dorothy's curse made Rosalie go mad. She grabbed a white pillow towel and covered Dorothy's mouth violently. With a soft but sharp voice, she said, "Don't worry. You're the one who is going to die. I'll live well. Also, I'll put on a beautiful wedding gown and marry Credence. I'll have a few children with him and grow old with him. Dorothy, it's such a pity that you don't have the chance to witness all of these!"

With her mouth being firmly covered by the towel, Dorothy had difficulty breathing. However, her expression remained calm. Staring at Rosalie coldly, she felt as though her heart was being stabbed by a knife over and over again. There was an indescribable sense of despair.

She was not afraid of death. She just could not fathom why she ended up in such a horrible situation when she had never done anything harmful.

...........

After Credence dealt with Juelz's and some urgent affairs in the company, he arrived at the 12th floor. Dorothy had been in the operating theatre for almost three hours.

"Where is she? Is she still inside?"

Credence asked the attending doctor who just came out of the door. Unbeknownst to him, there was a hint of worry and tremble in his voice..

..............