Chapter 127 Excruciating pain

Caleb and Linda were confused. They stared at each other for a few seconds.

Finally, Caleb braced himself and asked, "Credence, what's this?"

Credence narrowed his eyes by a little as he lit a cigarette. He took a puff and turned his gaze towards Victor.

Victor sensed Credence's sharp gaze and immediately understood what he meant.

He took two steps forward and stood before Caleb and Linda.

He then picked up the stack of solid evidence he had worked hard to compile.

A contemptuous smile appeared on his shrewd face.

Victor lightly coughed twice and spoke with fervor and assurance, "Two years ago, Mr. Scott's father lost his footing on the balcony. On the surface, it seemed like Dorothy was the one who had pushed him, but the truth suggests otherwise. Dorothy may have likely been framed, and the person who had caused Dorothy to take the blame is very likely to be Rosalie, your own daughter."

"That's impossible."

Caleb had been working in the business world for many years. Compared to Linda's blank look, it seemed that he had understood the meaning behind Victor's words.

As he looked at Credence's cold face, panic flashed across his heart, and he started to sweat profusely.

He hurriedly explained, "Credence, there must be a mistake. Rosie loves you and only you. How could she try to hurt your father? Besides, Rosie is my daughter and know her very well. Although she might throw tantrums at times, she would never hurt your father. Why don't you reinvestigate this matter..."

Linda finally regained her senses and defended Rosalie coldly, "Credence, didn't the investigation produce results in the first place already? Dorothy was clearly the one who had pushed your father down to hit his head and caused him to be comatose. Why are you suddenly suspecting Rosalie now?"

"That's impossible, simply impossible. Rosie is kind, and she would never do such a thing."

Four years ago, Credence's father had taken a fancy to the kind Dorothy, and he did not like thedevious Rosalie at all. He had plotted a plan to make Dorothy sleep with Credence. In the end, Credence had to marry Dorothy.

Rosalie, who had not achieved the goal of marrying Credence, held a grudge against Credence's father.

She had spent a lot of money to bribe the old butler of the Scott family, Roger, to place hallucinogenic drugs in his food.

In the end, even though Dorothy had just been giving his father a gift, from everyone's perspective, it seemed like Dorothy was the one who had pushed him off the balcony.

Rosalie had executed her plan in an extremely secretive way and she had never told her parents about it. Even Caleb and Linda thought that their daughter was innocent.

Hearing that, Credence smiled coldly and viciously. His eyes met with Rosalie's, who was rushing downstairs from the second floor.

Although it was only for a while, Rosalie felt as if she were being stared at by a fierce eagle. Her body was trembling, and tears quickly flowed down from her soft, fair and pure face. She cried out, "Credence, Ididn't do it. Trust me, really didn't do anything to your father."

She lifted her head and stared at Credence in a daze. The affection and devastation in her eyes could only be felt by herself, not anyone else.

Credence sneered and walked to the coffee table. He took out a photo of her and Roger having a secret conversation in a small stall.