Chapter 36 Stirring up trouble

Dorothy was still in a daze. Her eyes were half-open, and her vision was blurry. Therefore, she could not see the facial features of the man under the dim light.

Wrapped in his gentle embrace, she could feel his warmth against her waist. The faint scent of cigarettes mixed with his unique smell enveloped her...

For some reason, it caused her heart to beat wildly again. A strange emotion quivered in her heart.

Credence?!

Why had he crawled into her bed instead of staying by Rosalie's side?

She lowered her head and had a clearer look. What she saw was his sleeping face which was as calm as the sea. There was not a trace of coldness and cruelty on it. It was a stark difference to his usual self.

After staring at him for a long time, Dorothy tried to move away from his chest carefully. However, as soon as she moved her body, a loud ringing tone suddenly broke the silence.

It was coming from Credence's mobile phone.

Sensing that he was going to be awakened by the sound, Dorothy's body stiffened. She squeezed her eyes shut subconsciously.

At almost the same moment, Credence opened his eyes. He noticed that his hand was latched onto her slender waist. That irresistible delicate touch made him stroke her waist a few times.

Dorothy's body couldn't help but tremble slightly, producing seductive ripples on her chest. Credence could not resist but to stare at her with an intense gaze.

Dorothy was indeed a natural beauty. Despite having a slender waist and an overall slim body, her bosom was ample. He could not even cover it with one hand.

It was simply irresistible!

Credence admitted that he might not have many feelings for her, but he was yearning for her voluptuous body.

Among all the beauties in Talco City, only she could evoke the deepest desires in his heart. That was also the only reason that he was still willing to stay married to her although he despised her.

After enjoying Dorothy's perfect figure for more than ten seconds, he got down from the bed and grabbed his mobile phone on the coffee table.

"Hello, What's the matter?" he said in a hoarse voice.

"Credence! Please come over now! Hurry! Rosie is really going to die this time. Juelz is a monster! He broke into the ICU and threatened to kill Rosie with a knife. He said that he wanted to avenge Dorothy. Sob... Sob... Rosie was stabbed several times. She is bleeding a lot. It seems like she will not make it this time..."

For some inexplicable reason, Credence had turned on the loudspeaker on his phone.

With that, Linda's deafening sobs filled the quiet ward.

Did Linda just say that Juelz was trying to stab Rosalie to death just to avenge her?

"Credence, hold on!"

She sat up and looked at Credence, who was wearing a black shirt and pants. She could not see any emotions in his dark eyes. Suddenly, tears started rolling down her cheeks.

"Juelz was just acting on impulse. If Rosalie is safe and sound this time, can you... can you be lenient with him?"

Credence was speechless.

Why was she always thinking about Juelz?

Did she care about him that much?

While Dorothy spoke, Credence was buttoning his suit jacket.

Upon listening to her pleading, he paused. After a long moment of silence, he slowly lifted his gaze and stared at Dorothy, who was sitting on the bed anxiously. The corner of his lips curled into a faint smile. Also, his expression was as cold as ice.

The temperature in the room was warm. However, Credence's gaze made Dorothy feel as if she had fallen into a deep abyss. She felt so cold that her teeth chattered.

Again, there was a long silence.

Without saying a word, he turned around and walked toward the door. Holding the doorknob, he turned to glance at Dorothy. Without a trace of warmth in his eyes, he said, "Get out of bed and follow me."

.........

Dorothy had no clean clothes. Therefore, she had no choice but to put on her dress from the day before, which was stained with the smell of alcohol. She then followed behind Credence closely and hurried to the scene.

Not knowing how much damage Juelz had done to Rosalie, her pale face was filled with worry and anxiety.

When they arrived at Rosalie's ward, the place seemed to have just experienced a ruthless typhoon. The scene was in chaos.

Burying herself at a corner, Linda screamed, "Catch him! Don't let him run away! Just you wait, Juelz! Credence will definitely not let you go. He will send you to prison and you can rot there for the rest of your life!"

"Heh! Credence? Go ahead, call him! Do you think I'm afraid of him? Let go of me! You'd better f*cking let go of me! Today, I'll kill this shameless b*tch. One moment you want Dory's blood and another moment you want her kidney. Why are you so f*cking shameless! Don't you know that Dory is under my protection all this while?"

With a livid expression, Juelz was holding a sharp knife in his right hand. He dragged his injured left leg and limped toward the bed where Rosalie was lying on.

However, he was pulled back by several medical staff. Amidst the chaos, his injured leg was kicked by someone. He grimaced in pain. Through chattering teeth, he sneered, "Each and every one of you f*cking disgusted me. Are you taking advantage of Dory just because she has no family? Let me make it clear today. From now on, she has me and the Sherman family as her family! Don't you dare bully the woman I love!"

Juelz was in so much pain.

It was as though his left leg was about to break.

He let out a gasp. Then, he kicked the medical staff furiously with his right leg, knocking them down. Waving his sharp knife, he charged toward Rosalie again.

In fact, Rosalie had already lost a lot of blood. Not knowing whether she had died, Juelz figured it was safer to stab her a few more times.

At worst, he would just die with her!

"Juelz, stop it! Don't be silly! It's not worth it. I'm not worthy of you doing this for me..."

Before Dorothy could finish her words, a gust of bone-chilling wind blew past her.

A few hard punches landed Juelz's body.

With that, Juelz was slammed against the hard door. His dull cry of pain was accompanied by the sound of breaking bone. Even in the chaotic space, the noise resounded through the room.

Almost at the same time, Juelz spurted several mouthfuls of bright red blood. The blood splashed onto the white floor and all, creating a ghastly scene.

"Juelz, how are you?"

Dorothy jumped up in shock. She was about to run to Juelz who was risking his life for her when a black shadow suddenly flashed in front of her. There was a strong murderous aura surrounding him. It seemed that he would not give up as long as Juelz was not dead!.

.............