Chapter 35 In a dilemma

Credence actions were very swift.

It took less than ten minutes for him to arrive at the hospital from the hotel.

Dorothy climbed out of the black Maybach. She realized she seemed to have lost all her emotions related to the kidney donation.

Seeing Credence furrowing his brows with a trace of worry on his face because of Rosalie's illness, surprisingly, she did not feel anything.

In Credence's heart, the only woman he cared about was Rosalie, not her.

He would not hesitate even if she had to sacrifice her life to save Rosalie's, let alone donating a kidney!

Although she and Rosalie were not related by blood, her kidney was miraculously very compatible with Rosalie's.

In that case, she would just treat it as repaying the Fisher family for raising her.

It was sad to think that she would be losing a healthy kidney after losing her husband and child.

How pathetic!

Deep down, Dorothy gave a wry, self-mocking smile. She straightened her back and glanced over at Credence, who was walking ahead of her in a hurry. Then, she said slowly, "Credence, before I donate my kidney, please get the divorce agreement ready and pass it to me."

It was not that she did not trust him, but she would not feel secure without the divorce agreement.

Also, she was very aware of his ability.

Only if he was letting her go voluntarily that he would not make things hard for her ever again.

If she escaped without his permission, he would torture her to no end...

To put it bluntly, it had nothing to do with love. Instead, it was because of his desire to control her.

If he wanted her to live, she would live. And if he wanted her to die, she would die. She would never have a say.

Credence turned to look at Dorothy. Unexpectedly, he did notlose his cool. With an indecipherable expression, he said, "Your kidney might not be needed at all."

Apparently, since the day that Dorothy allegedly stabbed Rosalie, he had used a lot of manpower and resources to search for a kidney that matched Rosalie's from organ banks all over the world.

Unfortunately, he had not been able to find a suitable match until now.

He decided to wait for a while more. Perhaps, there would be a match at the last minute.

He was still in a dilemma. Should Dorothy donate her kidney to Rosalie?

Once the deal was over, Dorothy would be leaving him. She would disappear from his world forever. At the thought of this, Credence's heart felt inexplicably stuffy. He lit a cigarette and took a long drag. There were somewhat hastiness and helplessness in his actions.

"Are you that desperate to divorce me?"

He suddenly stopped in his tracks. Staring at Dorothy's emotionless face, he realized the joy and enthusiasm that she once had for him were gone. Although it was a summer night, he felt cold all over.

"Yes." Looking straight into his eyes, she said calmly.

"You don't love me, and don't love you anymore. Isn't this reason enough?"

She said she didn't love him anymore.

Her words kept repeating in Credence's mind.

His brows were drawn together as he closed his eyes to conceal his anger. Then, he took a drag of his cigarette.