Chapter 403: What's her background?

If she were anyone else, one would definitely decline King Jin's offer in fear and trepidation.

However, Shi Qingluo did not play her usual cards.

She smiled and said, "Before my master left, he truly wished that the commoners would benefit. Since you have said so, I have a presumptuous request too."

Before coming to the northern border, the emperor had summoned the couple alone.

The emperor said that they could give King Jin some benefits.

If Shi Qingluo could come up with an idea to improve the lives of the people in the northern border, they could also make it happen through King Jin.

The emperor's mind revolved about his family and his country.

Those living at the northern border were also his people, so he was happy to see them leading a better life.

When the commoners' lives got better and better, they would definitely be unhappy if King Jin wanted to rebel.

King Jin would lose a lot of popular support at the northern border.

After King Jin was executed for his rebellion, the northern border would still belong to the emperor. Even the policies that King Jin had implemented previously would become a thing of the past.

Whether one will become a king or an outlaw depends on whether one is successful.

History was written by the victors.

By then, the emperor would continue to implement the policy that was good for the people of the northern border, and King Jin would completely be a thing of the past.

This would also make it easier for Shi Qingluo and her husband to get closer to King Jin.

Of course, the emperor did not say it out loud. This was something Shi Qingluo understood.

At the same time, she also found that the emperor was indeed very broad-minded.

It was also because of the emperor's permission that she could do whatever she wanted here.

King Jin thought to himself, this was the first time he saw someone climbing up a pole in front of him.

"What kind of presumptuous request?" he asked curiously.

"I'm not familiar with the northern border, Your Highness. Can you compile the situation of the various cities and counties in the northern border into a booklet for me?" Shi Qingluo asked with a smile.

"I don't know if you have heard that I need a trigger in order for me to get something, Your Highness."

"For example, when I saw rubber grass in Heyang County, I knew that this plant could produce rubber, so I asked the locals to plant it.

"That's why when you asked me to come up with ideas to benefit the people of the northern border, I must first carefully understand them and see if I can trigger them and come up with good ideas based on local conditions, Your Highness.

"Or perhaps, I'll see if my master will appear in my dreams because of this."

Of course, she wouldn't come up with ideas all at once. Instead, she would come up with ideas gradually.

It was important to get first-hand information on the northern border.

Even the emperor might not know the situation in the northern border as well as the local tyrant, King Jin.

King Jin naturally did not believe in any dreams, but he believed in Shi Qingluo's words about adapting to the circumstances.

He thought for a moment and said, "No problem. I'll get someone to organize it into a book today and give it to you a few days later. "